Subject Author Posted Replies

We we make samples
I'm almost done with a Mission sideboard for my dining room. I made a sample door panel to practice inlaying and show my wife inlays made of QSWO (like the door), cherry. and maple, and give her the...
12
12

Gazebo help
I want to build a 6 sided gazebo but am having difficulty finding design details on the roof trusses. Not the trusses so much, but how to support them all in the center. The roof will be asphalt...
9
9

Legs on Family Traditions Rocking Horse Plan L-100
Hi, I'm a novice woodworker and my first woodworking project is the Family Traditions L-100 Pony. If anyone who subscribes to this newsgroup has built one I would appreciate their help. I have...

Pls help.....How to remove stains on concrete ?
Pls help.....How to remove stains on concrete ? Our home has stains on concrete from pots and other things. The stains are on the driveway, in front of main entrance door and back patio. I was told...
9
9

Rabbet Block Plane v. Rabbet Plane for just rabbets
If you're not doing ploughs or dados, is the rabbet block plane from LN a good way to go? I'm thinking that fucntionally it ought to do the trick. I'm just wondering b/c I've been wanting (needing,...
2
2

Vent for jenn air banging in wind
Sister's house is on a hill, very exposed, and the vent bangs in the wind. Any way to fix this? googling now... JP
3
3

Power Screwdriving bit
It seems that I always end up with a bit gets stripped quickly. The Phillip driver is the worth of them all. I try to adjust the toque of my drill but it does not appear to work all that good. Up to...
14
14

10" Hitachi Miter Saw - $69 today on Amazon
No dice for me. The reply was a cut 'n paste "the item is free shipping today, it wasn't when you ordered." No mention that my order was only one day before. 1 day = $150 difference...
7
7

A Race to ...
... the Christmas tree is on: he make it?
27
27

Merry Christmas everybody.
It has been a crazy year with my sister breaking her neck, my mother ending up in the Alzheimer unit and a few other pieces-of-shit news. But amongst all that, a lot of other good things too. Through...
6
6

Turning - The Lowest Risk, Least Materials, Least Time of All The Types of Woodworking?
I've been doing a lot of turning lately - Christmas presents. Turning is the weirdest of the types of woodworking I've done and I've been thinking just how weird it is. Whether you carve, sculpt or...
3
3

Other than that, it's fine
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/252707189.htmltodd
15
15

I built a hammered dulcimer years ago
I built a hammered dulcimer years ago after building a couple of custom guitars. I gave it to my brother back then. The soundboard was sitka spruice I resawed myself. The frame was hard maple. It took...

Miter saw extension designs
I looked at many designs for miter saw tables. There are "wing" extensions, rolling tables, commercial stands, fence hardware "kits", a scrap of plywood, etc The commercial foldup stands seem oriented...
2
2

Plywood Lawn Deer Extinct?
Well it seems it finally happened - the Plywood Lawn Deer appears to have been hunted to extinction. Not too long ago they were plentiful. A walk through the neighborhood, a drive to the store, even...
10
10