Subject Author Posted Replies

Jointer safety
Indeed it is -- which is exactly why I use pushblocks. I don't know that I'd go quite that far, but I definitely would say that it proves that you don't appreciate the risks. I still have all mine. I...
12
12

The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book
Hi Guys and Gals- After more than five years of hard labor- we are finally getting near to delivery. Yup- The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book will be out next month. I've started to take pre-orders now, so...

HELP with woodworking emergency
> I am wondering about glue. I can do the primary glueup using regular > woodworking glue and bring it into the house to cure, but on Saturday > we need to cut slots for, and install decorative...
18
18

Seeking suggestions on quietening a 2hp Jet cyclone DC
Well, I gues I didn't use the right key words -- search for "DC quiet" in this group and quite a bit turns up. Noteworthy is "Making the cyclone quiet " and "Any tricks to make a DC quieter?" Turns...
1
1

dovetails philosphies
Simply put... Any advantage to using dovetails on drawers made from birch ply? Is the extra strength worth the effort? Renata
4
4

What is it? CL
oops, already one day late late this week, so only one silly guess... 865 at first sight i would have said ...pistol for mounting cable ties... but laser distance meter from Dave Baker seems to be a...
57
57

Just saw a commercail on tv...
Just saw a comercial for a new tool from Craftsman. It's a Comp Carver (I think that is what they called it). It looks like a portable planer, but you go on your computer and design a carving, like a...
4
4

Changing tools from 115v to 230v...need switch
I have quite a few tools that I want to switch from 115v to 230v...yes, they are able to be switched but come built with 115v. I am looking for a switch to use for them. The tools are Jet 6" Jointer,...
9
9

Laminated Maple Bench Top - Face Joint or Not?
Mine is 3" thick from 5/4 material. I face jointed first, but then only planed enough material off to mostly smooth the surface. (A few rough saw makes burried in the laminations would not make a...
4
4

Furniture designs
When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I might take you up on that...
7
7

Semi-OT: Cool shop and very cool project
Astonishing. But ... if you're gonna put all that work into something, why not build one 1:1 so you can drive it yourself?
11
11

router bits on Ebay
If your going to wait for it to be shipped from where ever, have a look at Lee Valley Tools bits . Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. I have more than a few of them and find they work...
13
13

MAKE YOUR OWN STROP
Just do a "find" on strop. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax Building a Long Rifle: Part Two

Which planer?
I have experience with a 20" Grizzly but never used a Jet planer. I think Jet makes slightly superior products in some lines than griz. This 15 griz planer has the same basic setup as the 20". This is...
4
4

Want to build a folding home bar
I have seen them for sale, but never any plans for one. It looks like a cabinet when folded, but the doors open to show space in them for bottles and glasses. The base is usually fixed, but on casters...
1
1