12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

There was a bad batch of 18V LiON batteries some time ago. Lots of complaints on Amazon about it. Mine are about 3 years old and getting weak, but that's about the lifetime of LiON batteries anyway.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 19 Nov 2013 06:06:39 GMT, Puckdropper

My Makitas are NiCd.
At my PPoE we had some "new" batteries that were three years old (stock for a widget that was *way* late to market). We grabbed a bunch of them and did a life test. They were still better than 90% capacity. It's not time that kills LiIons (so much), rather charge cycles. Unlike NiCds, they really do have a long shelf life.