12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There was a bad batch of 18V LiON batteries some time ago. Lots of complaints on Amazon about it. Mine are about 3 years old and getting weak, but that's about the lifetime of LiON batteries anyway.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

My Makitas are NiCd.

At my PPoE we had some "new" batteries that were three years old (stock for a widget that was *way* late to market). We grabbed a bunch of them and did a life test. They were still better than 90% capacity. It's not time that kills LiIons (so much), rather charge cycles. Unlike NiCds, they really do have a long shelf life.

Reply to
krw