12" compound sliding miter saw

I am looking to buy a 12" compound sliding miter saw and i'm trying to find the most accurate best overall. If opinions comparing the saws have already been given, please point me in the right direction, and it has not what is considered the most accurate and best overall miter saw.

Thank you

Chuck

Reply to
r49miner

This isn't what you are looking for, but if you have a table saw, then IMO, you are better off to get a regular 12" compound miter saw (not sliding). Anything that is too wide to be cut on a 12" blade which still needs furniture grade accuracy can be cut with the miter gauge on the table saw (preferably an upgraded miter gauge with a long bar, like the JDS).

Maybe the sliding saws are more accurate now, but I was really frustrated with how radial arm saws had some slop and wouldn't cut things exactly at the specified angle (the movement and flex in the arm would cause the blade to move a bit).

Reply to
bf