Subject Author Posted Replies

Making cabinet doors w/ windows from plywood?
I was planning to make some cabinet doors out of 3/4" birch plywood that I have left over. The doors will measure about 22" square and each will have a window. I was just going to use a saw and/or...
1
1

INSPIRATION - Rubber Band Paddle Wheel Boat
I wonder if you got a big enough rubber band if you could make one of these that would carry people. Bet it'd be a bitch to wind up tho. JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A...

RUNNERDUCK TOY BOAT
listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also. - Igor Stravinsky http://www.runnerduck.com/toy_boat.htmJOATTo

Craftsman Compucarver Machine
I was thinking of the Pro/E CAD stream. It was full of engineers, a lot licensed in other countries, some just out of U of T. Pro/E is huge for all things without a brand name. GM is unigraphics, SDRC...
73
73

rigid bandsaw
Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not...
5
5

Jointer blades for Hitachi F1000a?
I guess the F1000a isnt sold in US anymore. I got a nick in the 6" jointer blades and want to buy another set to use while the old is sharpened. I know the blade part number is 879208 but I cant find...
6
6

INSPIRATION - Joren Clark Dolly
Looks like just the thing for wheeling your saw out of the garage for cutting in the fresh air. Or, for just having fun. JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also. -...
1
1

"Mobile" base for Grizzly G0555 bandsaw
I recently received my Grizzly bandsaw and set it up in the middle of our garage. I was pushing our budget already, so I did not purchase the $70 mobile base (which I've read some bad reports about...
1
1

Lyptus first impression
Turning 8/4 stock into half inch. Resting a bit before I tackle the next piece. (OK, so I'm an old fat guy who spends too much time in front of the TV) Stuff weighs a ton. Makes dust. Ran one piece...
3
3

Klingspor bargain box really is a bargain
I looked at my local HD for discs for the Ridgid 2610 I bought recently and the 6" disc packs they have were 10 sheets for $6-8. I would have needed at least a few grits so it would have been roughly...
2
2

bostitch framing nailer
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one...
9
9

Accidents happen ... 14" cutterhead at 7200rpm
Afternoon all- I thought I'd relay a story from my coworker about his son. This man came within inches of losing his life thru a sequence of very logical and extremely reasonable steps. A 4" thick...
19
19

Always use the guard???
On a Mandolin slicer. My girl friend decided to thick slice a sweet potato for Christmas dinner. She decided the guard wouldn't hold the huge potato so attempted it free hand. She ended up in the...
2
2

OT Electrical Conundrum
Don't try to send me off to rec.homerepairs; I don't know anybody over there. I've seen enough good electrical advice here to know somebody will have the answer. Yesterday I noticed that neither of...
48
48

Happiness is: ?
I was just thinking the other day about how much time, energy, money, etc we males spend over our lives chasing that. And then, if we catch it, there's a lifetime of maintenance costs. If that's not...
49
49