Subject Author Posted Replies

something for you...
I found this and thought of you.....I just thought you might enjoy it. Hope your day is good. Tom The Daffodil Principle Several times my daughter had telephoned to say, "Mother, you must come to see...
4
4

table crown in contractors saw- worth fixin?
I have a cheapie (well, it's belt drive so....) chinese 10" table saw that has a crown that I work around but am getting a bit weary of making adjustments depending on what I'm cutting. Anyone taken...
3
3

OT - Neighbor borrows tools and doesn't bring back
I need a bit of advice. I recently moved into a new house with a big garage that I've made into my workshop. My next door neighbor is a really good guy and comes over to shoot the bull every now and...
77
77

Kitchen Cabinet costs per linear foot
Some people might think this is probably a stupid question, but i'm going to ask anyways. i was at Home depot the other night looking at kitchen cabinets. i am looking at knocking out part of a wall,...
13
13

Amazingly Far OT - Steam Dragster
Millennium hand AND shrimp. http://stanleysteamers.com/danville.htmJOATBugrit.

Kinda OT: making a square out of aluminum
Picked up the latest shopnotes and their is an artical about working with aluminum, making a square specificly. According to the artical you can cut aluminum with a carbid blade in your table saw or...
25
25

another subpanel question
I'm installing a new subpanel for the new garage/shop. I decided to run a ground wire this time instead of trying to ground through the conduit. The subpanel has a bus bar for ground, but I'm not sure...
12
12

Multi Master Tool
Has any of you guys tried this tool? I tried to view it at but my webtv would not let me in. I did see it on tv but I did not see a price.. I thought some of you guys might know somthing about it....
18
18

FA: Forrest WWI, Duraliner, PC7518
Just listed a brand new Forrest WWI 10" Blade, Forrest 10" Duraliner Plywood, Melamine/Veneer blade and a nearly new Porter Cable 3.25hp 5 Speed Fixed Base Router and some metalworking items on eBay.

Tinting Shellac
What is the proper type of dye to use with shellac? I checked at Lowes and didn't see anything. Thanks in advance for any help. Virgle
5
5

Porter Cable Air Compressor
I'm going to buy my first air compressor/finish nailer combo kit and I was hoping for some advice/info. I see that both Porter Cable and Bostitch offer what seems to be nice sets that include a 6 gal...
10
10

Lumber yards near Charlotte, NC
I'm a woodworking hobbyist and up until now, I've been buying all my lumber at the big box stores. After giving my left arm and firstborn child for some oak boards today and then finding that every...
4
4

asian gate "roof"
Anyone have plans or designed/built an asian roof that typically covers a garden gate? Perhaps the folks in CA or Seattle? These gates are single or double width gates. Looking for cheap(free) plans...
3
3

full extension slides for vertical partitions
I'm working on a project where I will have vertical partitions between two horizontal shelves. I want these partitions to slide out and if possible even pivot (i.e. 90 degrees on the vertical plane)...
8
8

Bleaching
Hi I have tried searching for bleaching but I seem to be getting conflicting information on the subject, I have made some kitchen cabinets fronm english oak but when I oiled them with raw linseed oil...
12
12