Subject Author Posted Replies

"Hoosier" & other cabinets in North Eastern Pennsylvania
I have some old furniture that I though I would one day rehab, but I have more someday projects than I might have one days. That plus unless I get rid of some stuff I have no room to turn around and I...

making passage doors
For some reason I want to make doors. Now I do need some doors, but that's not the reason I want to make them. Since I'm a rookie, and getting too old to acquire years of experience I want to jump...
6
6

Keeping air tools clean
The very nature of air tools has them "living" in environments with dust and grit. To keep dirt out of the leader hose on my air tools I cap them with baby bottle nipples on the quick disconnet...
5
5

New vs. old unisaw
I recenly got a super deal on an old unisaw. ($350) Probably from the 50s or 60s. Assuming it is not wore out, I am wondering how this machine stacks up against the newer models? I have noticed that...
14
14

Rockwell 24" scroll saw
I have a chance to purchase an old rockwell 24" scroll saw. I am wondering if there is any problems getting blades for an older saw. The blade seems to be 5" with out a pin. (From Photo) Does anyone...
6
6

Bosch 14.4v deal at Amazon
Currently Amazon has the Bosch 33164-2G which is the 14.4V Brute Tough drill/driver with the new blue core batteries for $148.15 with free shipping. (and as an added bonus they are actually in stock!)...
7
7

Marquetry for sale, I'm opened for offers of colaboration, etc.
Hi I'm a young marquetarian who needs clients for his works, I really want to take forward this wonderful art but I must earn some money so I can continue it. My website with works: If you like one of...
2
2

Re: Door latch fixing question
| Could someone please recommend a glue/fixing compound to secure a | door latch fitting in wood. Pictures attached. news:rec.woodworking is a text-only newsgroup. You're asking the question in the...
1
1

Showcase your shaving brush handles
Dear friends, a brief note to let you know that our new shaving website is going to feature a picture showcase dedicated to custom made shaving brushes. This is not a contest, we don't plan to test...
2
2

Paint/Finish can closing?
I know I'm going to get grief for this one. Knock yourselves out. You know those can closer things they have at the paint counter? Pull a lever and the lid is sealed up. That thing. Well, it always...
9
9

Sawmill
Saw the following on the old tractor website. Might be of interest to someone in the Vermont area. You will have to join the lines -- Supernews won't let me post any link that gives the impression...

bring wood back from Hawaii?
Going to Hawaii soon and I'm interested in bringing some local wood back with me - monkey pod and koa, for example. Has anyone done this before? Should I attempt to bundle some up and ship it with my...
4
4

Craftsman Carve Wright System
I have been looking at the Craftsman CarverWright system and would like some feed back from those who have tried it. I know if you go to you can download the software and see a short demo.... But...
6
6

Microfiber dust rag test, hopefully archived!
After this week's discussion about tack rags and dust cloths, I decided to do a test this weekend with one of the "high tech" dust rags currently being sold and woodworking finishes. Meet the players:...
1
1

The great microfiber dust rag test - opening salvo