Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta TS300 table saw
I need to find/build/ whatever a rip fence assembly for this saw. Mine was lost during a move and can't find a replacement. Is there another make/model that will fit this one? I am new at wood working...
5
5

maximum thickness of solid wood on ply?
I'm working on my sofa tables, getting down to the bottom of my mahogany pile and don't want to buy more at the moment. I need two center supports, each 14 1/2 wide by 20" tall x 2 1/2"+- thick. I had...
12
12

Woodcraft vs Rockler
On their generic stuff is their anyone that has used both and see any difference in overall quality in things like chisels, router bits, Forstner bits. speaking of woodriver vs Rockler ?? Like I...
26
26

OT: disturbing email
Like I said, off topic. And not about the election :-). We ate at a new restaurant a couple of days ago and paid for the lunch with a credit card. The very next day we got an email from the credit...
27
27

Drill Press Question
A few months ago, I picked up a good deal on an old Delta 14" drill press ( DP220). I will use this to replace my Rockwell 11" which is still very ser viceable but I like having the added throat depth...
2
2

Fahrenheit 11-8
Hell hath frozen over . . .

without a lathe.
Quite relaxing watching this. Cleveland seems to be on a route tonight.
9
9

RIP: Old Oak ...
After decades of being supported by cables and crutches, a 600-year-old white oak tree, believed to be the oldest of its kind in the world, has died.
7
7

HF Mortiser saga
A couple weeks ago I bought a HF Mortise price 189 less 20 % Put it together and set it up. It could have put a baby to sleep when it rocked. One corner was about 1/8" longer than the rest. I couldn't...
22
22

Mortiser Question
When cutting/drilling a mortise is it normal for the chisel to follow the grain? When I was practicing on a 3/4" square piece on a through the board Mortise the chisel went in about 3/16" at the top...
26
26

Carpenter work | Woodworking services
Need help providing best reliable car maintenance, carpenters ,home electrical repair, plumbing, laundry and professional pest control services in online.
2
2

Bowl Sanding kit
I know I am doing a "no no" in posting to more than one group, but thought there might be some here who were not on "" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Peachtree has a special on bowl sanding...
2
2

Rot in window sill
I have a redwood window sill that has a current 1/2" x 3" x3/4" deep spot of rot. It has been treated 2 or 3 times over twenty years and filled. It continues to rot around the fill. In addition to the...
19
19

I've never seen a "box plane" before
I wonder how it works. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/5836046355.html
4
4

variable speed control
some say not to add variable speed control to single phase induction motors but it is done for consumer products so the key seems to be that you want to avoid varying the speed to the point where the...
17
17