Subject Author Posted Replies

Repeating cuts of 3/16" dowel
| I'm working on a jig to hold my wood for planeing. Part of the jig | requires cutting a dowel rod to pieces (mostly) the same size. I | need 12 such pieces, about an 1" to 1 1/2" in size. | | Does...
8
8

Ourdoor Sign Paint
A few days ago someone posted about painting an outdoor sign. Far as I'm concerned exerior acrlic latex is as good as you're going to get. Doesn't need any coating either. Personal experience. those...
1
1

Festool v. Bosch jigsaw - Opinions
My 10+ year old Bosch jigsaw seems to have given up the ghost. I could send it off for repairs (Bosch says $89.00 max charge). Add shipping and I'm around $130. Festool's PS300 Trion seems to be fixed...
20
20

Cracked plane
I have a Miller's Falls No. 900B bench plane with two very small hairline cracks near the throat on the bottom. They are on opposite sides (left and right) and are opposing (front and rear). I got it...
7
7

Ripping on TS
I have a 25 year old Craftsman contractor saw that I have done much to improve including machined pulleys, leg stabilizers and even upgraded to a very nice rip fence called Align-A-Rip. It still has...
17
17

Router in Cabinet Saw Extension Table
I'm looking for good plans/ideas on installing a router lift (Quick-Lift) into a left-tilt Unisaw's extension table. It has a 50" Biesemeyer fence. My stock extension table needs replacing and I'm...
3
3

Woodworking Shows - What Will Happen?
I'm all for it. Just thinking the other day that I now get NO WW shows on the tube at all. Well, except Freeform Furniture which is OK if you want to check out a great set of funbags, but otherwise of...
7
7

Sawstop demo on TV
At the risk of reopening an old thread, some people might be interested in knowing that a recent episode of Ask This Old House had a demonstration of the saw. It was part of a saw safety presentation...
23
23

delta jointer
Am looking to buy a used Delta 8 " jointer for my home workshop Cabinet shop in area has a model 37-315 that's app. 33 yr. old. Anyone with knowledge or opinion on this model would be appreciated....
2
2

Ultimate Bandsaw Book
For any wrecker that's into bandsawn boxes, I just received a copy of "The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book" by Donna Menke. Very impressive and some excellent design ideas. I think it's a good book for...
1
1

Shop layout/design question
I think he needs some big-ass columns, a litter box, and some food bowls in strategic places. Barry (who recently stepped backwards into a wet bowl of Friskies Tuna Chicken Delight while face...
18
18

Apollo 4-Stage HVLP - Model 1000
Hello, I've been dabbling in woodworking for about five years. I bought a HVLP Sprayer Package in 10/04 at the Minneapolis Woodworking show from Advanced Machinery and have used it twice. I just...
3
3

Best Oil for Teak
This was covered a while back, but for some reason I can't find it... What is the best oil finish for Teak on the exterior of a boat kept outdoors? Thanks in advance, Harvey
3
3

C Grade 3/4 PLy at Menard's
I been meaning to post this, Menard's has some c-grade Birch plywood at $25 a 3/4"x4'x8' sheet. Sale ends Feb. 3. Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
1
1

Well done APTC
I ordered a benchtop morticer on Monday afternoon, and it duly arrived on Wednesday around 1pm. When I opened the box the polystyrene inside was all broken up which I thought didn't bode well. Sure...