Subject Author Posted Replies

New saw.
I just made the first cut on my new Hitachi C10FL. Bought the saw a couple of days ago. Lked the saw but didn't care much for the fence.. Figured I would change that out eventually. Eventually came...
2
2

Question of removing glue and maybe a couple of mini-gloats
The materials I'm working with: I was given (mini-gloat) the pieces from some built-in bookcases, made of 1x12 stock (and stained so dark I don't know what kind of wood it is). I got this after it was...

CutListPlus Woodworking Program
Hi all, I'm looking for input/experience using CutListPlus. The website says that CutListPlus 2006 is the newest version. Is it any good? Is it easy to use. Thanks in Advance, --Jim
13
13

As if we aren't already SICK of sharpening questions......
...has anybody used the Pinnacle Honing Guide from Woodcraft? seem to like the Scary Sharp method as it seems to be the easiest. I have doubts as to whether or not it is the cheapest system in the...
2
2

Pinnacle Honing Guide?
If you've gotten your latest Woodcraft catalog you've seen this new honing guide. little bugger. I like the concept of keeping the guide off the stone, but it seems like you'll wear a hollow in the...
11
11

OT:Driving Nails/Spikes in tight places?
I need to drive a few 5" spikes between two rafters about 4" apart. I can get most of the nail driven except for the last inch. I tried the hammer on it's side and using the nail bar to extend my...
4
4

Stupid Tool Gloat
Hey all: Went to Sears today to return a defective workout machine my wife had. Dinna need it anyway as she found a local gym where she goes now, no harm, no foul. They would not refund to credit card...
15
15

Finger Joint Clamp
On Jan 8, 11:22 am, I, wrote in thread "Finger Joint Pitch" in The vise has removable jaws of flat steel about 6 mm thick and 1x4 inches. The screws are, I supppose, about 2 inches apart. If I use a...
1
1

Assistance request
I've posted a tracing of an edge profile from a restoration I'm working on to a.b.p.w. It's the edge of a oak newel post from a building built in 1910. The tracing is correctly oriented as you would...
6
6

yet another sharpening question
Last year I invested in all the ingredients to sharpen with the sandpaper method (a piece of plate glass, honing guide, and lots of sandpaper from 600 to 2000 grit). After using this method for a...
32
32

Cameilia oil on hand tools
I've been using Camelia oil on my hand tools for a few years now to protect them from rust. I've noticed that some tools which I've treated with the oil and have had in storage for many months develop...
5
5

Shoulder plane rocks
Got a new LN shoulder plane a couple of weeks ago, spent some time last weekend sharpening the blade but didn't have anything to use it on at the time. This week, I had the opportunity to fine-tune...
6
6

Veritas Mk II guide trouble
I recently strated using the Mk II to sharpen my chisels and plane blades. Previously I used the original Veritas guide and angle jig with no problem. But with the MK II, my plane blades and chisels...
9
9

A Bit OT - Re Buying Books On eBay
A little bit ago I posted on buying books on eBay and some of the problems. This is kinda a continuation of this post. And, while I'm thinking of it, don't copy this whole post if you're going to...
4
4

need custom wood blanks cut
I am trying to find someone that has a auto-shaper of some kind to cut out some wood fishing lures for my business. I can find folks with CNC machines to cut out flat sided shapes for me but then I...
3
3