Subject Author Posted Replies

Some interesting tools on eBay
Hi all, Believe it or not, this is not a spam. I just came across a few odd, fascinating, and/or unusual tools on eBay while I was browsing, and I thought I'd share them with y'all, who might also...
7
7

RE:Hand Tool Storage
All my shop walls are covered with peg board painted bright white. Sure makes tool storage and finding them easy. I'd recommend the 1/4 thick variety, it will support more weight. Don Dando
2
2

Homemade CNC machine
Part 1: 2: 3: not for the faint of geek. :-) http://tinyurl.com/h7fv3Part http://tinyurl.com/jcx82Part http://tinyurl.com/3buow4Warning:
1
1

hand tool storage
Here I am again staring at the small mountain of hand tools on a shelf in my shop, wondering what the best solution would be for wall-mounting them. I bought the magnetic thing but the magnets are too...
9
9

Furniture prices
'm looking at the S2 dining table, its a clean design I like but at $6k? Why so pricey for something this simple that I could make in a couple of days or am I living in the past?
39
39

What is it? CLVI
Set number 156 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
8
8

desktop cupping advise wanted
SWMBO has commissioned a desk for her new home office, and requested a "beefy" look from 2x construction grade stock. It's not ideal construction, but she wants a finished quality, construction grade...
17
17

Panasonic batteries
I like the Panasonic cordless tools for the most part, but if you drop them the clips that hold the battery on are going to break in a hurry. It's not a huge deal to just slap a wide rubber band...
3
3

router basic question
very new to this very dangerous tool--have about 1/2 hour use with it and did 1000 hours of damage!! I have to route out a 3/8" deep grove apx 4" by 18 " problem I am having is after the first few...
9
9

Using templates: Sand or Rout to the line?
For cutting curves I have done it both ways. Cut close to the line traced from a template and sand to the line OR cut close to the line and rout to the template using a pattern bit. Tonight I used the...
12
12

HD deal on Delta Planer Knives
The local Home Depot had 12" Delta planer knives (22-547) on clearance for $24. If you need replacements for your 22-540 planer, maybe this is a widespread inventory reduction thing. Amazon has them...

CutList software help
How can you dictate grain direction - whether or not it's important - in Cutlist? I see that you can swap length/width dimensions, but I'd like to ignore grain altogether - I'm just looking to...
2
2

I found a Minwax product I actually like!
While trying to match nearly 100 year old red oak, I came up with the following recipe for new red oak: - Sand to 150 - Dye with Medium Wheat Solar Lux - Wipe on Minwax English Chestnut pigment stain...
8
8

Blow Dust Outside vs filter?
Would there be reason I should not duct the output of my 2hp Dust Collector (Harbor Freight) through a wall to the outside and into a trash container? What I have in mind is to send the 5" duct output...
16
16

B&D Router Edge Guide Help
I have a Black & Decker RP200 Router for which their WEB Site lists a Deluxe Router Guide Part # 76-234. This part has however been dicontinued for "some time" according to Black & Decker and They are...
4
4