Subject Author Posted Replies

ryobi porter cable router ?
has anyone adapted a ryobi plunge router (r500) to the porter cable router table? tia peter
7
7

Formica alternative - will this work?
I am building a router table top and had planned on using Formica for surfacing the top and bottom. That is until I saw the $43 price tag on a sheet of Formica! That's a lot to pay for a sheet of...
17
17

DP spindle lock?
Hi.. I just got a drill press and the manual shows how to use the spindle lock, inserting a bolt into a threaded hole, but what is it supposed to lock and when are you suppose to use this? Also is it...
8
8

Can I make raised panels on a cheap interior door?
This might sound cheap but....My house has those cheap hollow interior doors and I would like to spruce them up a bit. If I replace them all with new raised panel doors, I won't get the money out of...
14
14

ww mag article for octogonal legs
Some months back i bought a woodworking magazine that showed how to make some intricate bowed octogonal legs with an inlay. My todler got a hold of it and destroyed the magazine. Now i want to make...
1
1

Newbie
I have always wanted to be a woodworker. Building furniture and making house repairs. , building a deck is my main goal. I have no training and want to know where to get started. I tried to email my...
20
20

Router speed for dovetails
I have a Keller dovetail system and was trying to make some box joints in 3/4 baltic birch (until now I have only done dovetails in solid wood without many problems with splintering) The box joints...
2
2

RE: Best TS Blade.
We have a lot of common blades then we got a WW-II. It is the only quality blade we have and we love it. So much so that we bought a second one just to have on hand, then a 12" for the miter saw and...
6
6

What governs router speed?
I have a 2 1/2" diameter fingernail bit. I only wanted to use the top part of it, which is only about 1" diameter. I figured that full speed would be okay, and it seemed to work out; but I wonder if...
3
3

bisquick joiner questions
I bought a biscuit joiner the other day. Not exactly a fine woodworking tool, but it's good for making plywood boxes and I have some boxes to make. So, I've been playing with the thing and have a few...
31
31

Another Glue Post
I have a complicated glue up to do tonight (9 slats and 4 rails). I was going to use Titebond III which states "longer open assembly time" on the bottle. If you go to there webpage it states 10...
25
25

What is the best TS blade out there?
I am thinking about getting the new Woodworker II blade that just came out. I heard they have a demo setup at the St. Louis show and was planning on getting it there. I thought you could get a...
17
17

Router Speed?
I have a Porter Cable 693 router mounted under a table. I've used it many times over the past several years, but mostly just guess at the speed setting. I know the router is supposed to be slowed down...
3
3

Public Lumber in Detroit
This indoor lumber yard is located on 7 Mi. rd. just east of I-75 and has a really nice selection (I'd estimate 30-40 species) of exotic & domestic lumber and a TON of pre-made trim in about a dozen...
8
8

Pro Ft'r Griset
I want to buy a 4 ft and 2 ft Pro Ft'r from Griset - To match my 8 Ft'r - Cannot find them - other than amazon which lists a 4-6 week lead - Does anyone know if these are still being made and where I...
4
4