Subject Author Posted Replies

Laser Level Recomendations? Need To Sister Sagging Floor Joists
I have to do some under-the-house work sistering floor joists to correct a pretty serious sag. (any pointer to a place to get info. about that would be appreciated.) A guy was telling me about a laser...
4
4

OT: Now that winter's in full swing...
...it's time to start shopping for a grill: Summer is nearly here, and with it comes the great American culinary tradition: barbecue!BBQ is both a rite of summer and a rite of manhood (yes, BBQ is...
7
7

Tools - Buying from eeebaaaay
"Chisel--Buy now for $1.99. Shipping $29.00" Why do I even bother looking? Joe
9
9

How do I chamfer the inner circumference of a Hole?
A countersink will do the job nicely. See: page 2420. These are available in 60, 82, 90, 100,and 120 degree included angles. My preference is for the single flute. Run the bit slow, and set the depth...
9
9

Epoxy Coating for Bar Counter Top
> I am about to coat my new bar counter top with a clear epoxy in order > to give it the restaurant bar look. I have done alot of reading and > am trying to figure out which product to use. System 3...
1
1

Lumber Selection and Options
"Zazoos" wrote in news:1171490257.978856.101550 When you go see the plywood dealer, ask about prefinished ply. The factory puts a good coating on it, and you don't have to finish the insides of the...
13
13

48" wide bottom drawer
I'm building a built-in entertainment center and am trying to figure out the best way to design the bottom drawer. The entertainment center is approx 48'(1200mm) wide and 24'(600mm) deep. At the very...
11
11

Quick FAQ on spam
If we don't start reporting these spammers en-masse, they will be able to take over this and several other groups they are targetting. For the last several weeks, every spam has parse-traced either to...
5
5

Lee Valley causes me only shame
appear to be threaded, not just lipped for a press to fit insertion. I'm wondering how one goes about screwing these inserts into the wood without causing any damage to them?
34
34

Glue Power
For some reason, this morning I was reminded of some of the people who've asked for stronger wood glue. According to what I've read, the wood glue made today, any brand, is stronger than the wood. You...
16
16

Amazon 20% off on 10" blades and router bits.
Amazon is running a 20% off sale on saw. I got a WWII for $71. Its on backorder. Renowood
5
5

Finishing a hardwood floor
I have just removed the wall to wall carpet from a 12ft by 12ft bedroom. The carpet has been down at least 30 years and it was a very dusty job! The floor underneath seems very smooth and clean apart...
9
9

Buffing out West System 105/207
Been using West System epoxy for years but just recently started using their 207 hardner which gives a slightly amber, clear finish as an interior varnish. I put it on with a brush and it leveled out...
5
5

Chick Songs That I Like Singing
Was listening to Joni tonight and singing along to Carey, and it made me think about the chick songs that I like singing to. Sticking with her for a few, I'd say that, Help Me, is one and that ,Both...
48
48

Cabinet painting - prefinished?
Hi all: I posted this in but it was suggested I might have better luck here. Can anyone provide some guidance on a problem I'm having. I'm redoing basically every cabinet in the house (kitchen,...
2
2