Subject Author Posted Replies

Chalk line advice?
I'm a second year apprentice carpenter, with most of my experience in residential framing. As such, I used a chalk line quite often. Now that I'm more involved in renovation, I still find uses for my...
19
19

T style table fence: brain picking
I'm giving some thought to making one and have been paper building it in SketchUp. I have never used one - nor even SEEN one - and would like to ask some questions to those more ecperienced with them....
35
35

What is it? (Amateur version Posts #14 & #15)
Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L....
6
6

Shop Lights hijacked.
Some of you will remember my rant, whine, crying... whatever you want to call it about my phillips T8 bulbs, and how short they last. I just pulled 2 out of my troffers, The sharpie writing indicates...
10
10

OT newsgroup reader for android?
Do you guys have any recommendations for a newsgroup reader for an android phone?
3
3

Logs to Lumber - An aerial journey through the sawmill
For every fifty 'stupid drone videos', there is one like this that is pretty amazing. This is the third installment of the Vaagen Brothers Lumber "Start to Finish" video series. UAV footage takes you...
6
6

cool table of "levitating" wood blocks
It would be so hard to clean the dust out of, and potentially bad for pinching, but it sure looks cool: Photos and ~30s video. Wood blocks, small tether cables, and strong magnets repelling the blocks...
2
2

ladder construction
maybe now is a good time to start making cheap wooden ladders to ship south of the border a good time to start the conversation on methods and techniques and materials kiln dried douglas fir comes to...
32
32

Shop lights
Need to add some lighting. T8 or T12? Probably going with 2-tube 4 footers.
135
135

Jewels, Gems, and Just Plain Funny Posts
As the web has aged, once useful and powerful sites like have passed on. I had to dig up a copy of the crowbar FAQ from as Google Groups sucks at search! So, here's what I'd like to propose: I'm happy...
6
6

Damn Olson blades.
I had a 1/2 x 105" 3TPI hook tooth band saw blade. it has been in the box for a little over 5 years. I had bought it thinking I needed a blade, and could not get a Timberwolf in time. but I did get...
82
82

WAZER - Desktop Waterjet Cutter
From the Kickstarter page: "WAZER is the first waterjet cutter that can fit in every workshop. It cuts through any material and is compact and contained, making it, clean, safe and quiet to operate....
5
5

Chair Restoration
Hi Group, Got a couple of questions about restoring a chair. My wife purchased this chair at a storage unit sale and it's missing the the wooden back. We do have the matching cushion for the back She...
10
10

Bought Some Board Buddies
I've wanted to get a pair of these for the longest time and just forgot about them until I accepted with the recently posted-about job requiring me to rip over 50 sheets of 1/2" plywood and even...
22
22

OT: Off My Tools? Wow!
Ran across this on Amazon and just had to share... Size: 2" | Made from durable self-adhesive vinyl | Weatherproof & Chemical Resistant | Sticks to any smooth surface | Great for Hard Hats, Helmets,...