Subject Author Posted Replies

Porter Cable 5201 router
My fixed base Porter Cable 5201 router must be at least 25 years old. It i s a large 3.5 HP I believe. It still seems to be in excellent condition. Ho wever I am concerned about replacing the carbon...
17
17

Salvaged Telephone Pole 4x4 Cross Pieces
Making a swing set for a nephew and family, an Xmas gift.... frame of cypre ss, slats made from salvaged telephone pole cross pieces. Pretty sure the slat wood is Douglas-fir. Porch swing type swing,...
6
6

Saving the bark
Thanks for the reply
3
3

A new kind of Drill Press
A little pricey but no more than a PM. Anyway No belts, electronic speed control, programmable to stop drilling at a certain depth. In this video Brittany proves just how handy she can be by building...
60
60

Dust Collector
Someone a short while back was looking into dust collectors. Here is one you might want to take a look at. Be sure to watch the video, it explains exactly how this thing works.
3
3

chisel and knife source
know of a source for chisels or knives with no handles and the blades are just shaped and not sharpened
23
23

Lee Valley Stores
I've been thinking about taking a trip to Canada, because, well, my presidential candidate didn't win. I was hoping we'd write in "None of the Above" and not have to deal with Trillary or Hump, but...
9
9

Yankee Screwdriver
Someone who works in the front office?
50
50

lumens versus eye age
from my own observations i expect that there is a curve that fits to lumens needed and eye age hopefully lumens needed levels off and we do not take down the local power grid turning on the lights or...
13
13

enough already!! <rant warning
I've spent all day sourcing items I need for a table saw fence I am making, checking prices too. I had intended to make the rail and rail support from steel but changed to wood when the shipping was...
10
10

Shop Lights Revisited - Direct Wire Replacement LED Tx Tubes - Dimmable
I don't recall seeing anything about "direct wire" replacement Tx LED tubes in the recent threads on shop lights. I apologize if I missed it. I bought a couple of these this morning. Wondering if...
13
13

bandsaw blade comparisons
what makes one bandsaw blade better than another materials manufacture blade thickness tooth design have there been any innovations in bandsaw blades in any of the above in the last 10 or 20 years...
7
7

DeWalt 740/7740 RAS Height Adjustment
I'm working on fixing up my DeWalt 7740 RAS. However, the height adjustment on the front does not seem to align correctly. I have not had luck finding pictures of the top of the arm without the case...

Ridiculous new tool from Woodpeckers
They are offering an organizer for 189. Just got an email for this: It's basically 5 off the shelf chalk bags (for climbers) and a bar to mount them to. You can get a chalk bag for 7.25 individually....
38
38

Festool pro-5
Well I've been using the new sander for a few weeks and I have to say, Festool makes some nice stuff! There prices still scare the leather off of my wallet, but the "little" things this sander does...
38
38