Subject Author Posted Replies

Newsgroup Problem
Lots of us really dislike web-based newsgroup access.
13
13

Increase inlet on DC?
Why would dust settling in the 6" pipe matter? A dusty 6" pipe will have less resistance than a clean 5".
9
9

Old bandsaw
Mat if it is a Dayton send an e-mail to them with all the information and they will send you a parts breakdown. I had to do that with a floor model drill press. They are very resoponsive. Virgle
4
4

A Modest Proposal
Q. Why do women fart after taking a leak? A. Since they cant shake it, they have to blow dry.
11
11

What are the possible uses of an American Beech Tree
I think I am going to go with the work bench idea, along with a few hundred cutting boards for the kitchen (ebay specials lol). What size would be a good to cut for the work bench. I was thinking...
10
10

Outdoor chair fabric
Ran across this: *Please contact us if you cannot locate a fabric color, pattern, style or print. We have an extensive collection of fabrics not displayed on the website. On this web site: them the...
2
2

perfectly centered router bushings
I'm inclined the same way - put the 690 in the table and get another router for fine work. The Bosch D-handle EVS (forgot the number, but it goes for $200) claims to have an adjustable sub-base...
16
16

i forgot the formula...
| hi, | | if i use a 2 3/8 hole saw to drill a hole in a door what will the | diameter of the circle be? (guess i should go back to high school, | eh)? D = D :-D -- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto,...
17
17

A package from Oregon today
Four letters of the alphabet. Next question?
4
4

vacuum attachment for k2000
I recently saw an article in a magazine for a homemade vacuum attachment for a k2000 jig but can't remember which mag it was in. any help would be appreicated in locating this.

Off Brand Nails
Anyone have any experience with the gun nails from "Interchange" ? Specifically, the 3 1/4" Galvanized 28^ from House of Tools. The seems significantly cheaper (almost by half) than Bostitch nails,...

JT as usual
sending him your e-mails as soon as possible. Thaks Ed. I owe ya one. Glad to help. You are so popular, I've received thousands so far, but I've whittled it down to only about 1500 to forward to you....
15
15

HVLP sprayer
You're most welcome, but it appears that my "honest and imformed opinion" was about the wrong tool!! The unit you're looking at is similar to ones that Rockler, Woodcraft and others carry. These are...
19
19

Porter Cable 4212 dovetail jig be used on 24" stock
Nothing really astounding there. The frame that holds the template is just that, a frame. No reason you can't take the template off and mount it to something else. Can do this with most.
11
11

RE: Electrical Distribution For The Shop
There have been seemingly endless discussion about how to electrify the shop. There is a product manufactured by GE called LW Busway. Available from any franchised GE distributor. It is offered in a...