Subject Author Posted Replies

Corded Drill Recommendations
Yes, Kreg states this. In this case, as is the case with most cutting of soft material. speed is not at all critical. I believe that they recommend a higher speed as most people have difficulty...
19
19

respirator confusion!
Nope, paint/solvent fume filter cartridges. David Merrill
15
15

What is it? CLX
According to R.H. : Then perhaps a Bosun's whistle? Enjoy, DoN.
20
20

INSPIRATIONS? A few of my recent projects
Great looking projects!
8
8

painting hardboard
But what a treat and surprise when you looked inside the drawer. LOL
7
7

Cord for Cordless DeWalt tools
I actually didn't expect this conversation to go into the design issues I might face. But, if you guys are willing to discuss this, then I am more than happy to get your help. Part of this project...
35
35

California walnut by mail
I'm warming up to buy 100-200 b.f. of Cal walnut. Anyone had experience with "This Old Woodpile", or "Goby Walnut Products"? Any recommendations as close to Los Angeles as you can get? Second question...
9
9

Miter saw accuracy, how much do you need?
That is good sense. Vibration in the blade and flex in the mechanism may put the apparent inaccuracy in the fence into a bit of perspective. tim W
12
12

Fondled a Festool Domino
preciousssssss.........
43
43

Sanding Edges with drum sander?
Are you talking about the long, ripped, edges of the board? If so, grab a hand plane and take one pass. That can't take much longer that rigging something on your drum sander. Mitch
16
16

Stickley - Greener Than Greene & Greene
Being one who is unable to pass up free wood, I finally got around to cutting up maybe 25 raised panel cabinet doors to salvage the useable wood. Now I've got a bunch of oak, mahogany and maple which,...
1
1

In search of a measurement conversion table/chart
out nicely when resized. I keep a copy over my computer before I finally learned how to deal with both imperial and decimal using my CAD program Redirecting...
14
14

Cabinet Doors
Snip I'll second the use of MDF. I have a 3 time customer that I have built/cut out and hinged MDF cabinet doors for. Hs spray painted the doors himself and was pleased enough to use MDF 2 more times...
16
16

Vise recommendation needed
http://www.knighton-tools.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eknighton%2dtools%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fVices%2ehtml&WD=record%20vice http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/289716130.html
16
16

Silestone as Router Table Top?
I got into this because of someone's gloat about getting a Silestone router table top. It sounds great but I thought it was like Corian and could be machine with woodworking machines. Apparently it...
8
8