Subject Author Posted Replies

Woodpeckers isn't alone.
Seems Woodpeckers isn't the only one selling a dumb idea.
149
149

Grain direction for box
Question about how to orient the grain direction for a box/case I am buildi ng. Plan to put two boxes under the workbench and put drawers in the boxes . The two boxes will be about 1.0 feet tall and 2...
5
5

Sash weights, what to do with them?
After replacing my original late 1800's DH windows, I have a several dozen cast iron sash weights, all around 8 lbs each. I hate to toss or even scrap them, but so far have not come up with a useful...
28
28

gluing in curves
looking at getting some very thin birch plywood and bending a layer and then gluing a layer to that perhaps repeating for a few or more layers the missing info is will that bend remain and not break...
4
4

Epoxy question 2
West System or woodcraft System 3? Advantages of either?
8
8

Is Varathane Diamond Wood Finish Safe for Baby Toys
Please help! I am new to the world of woodworking and would like to know w hether you would use varethane diamond wood finish on toys made for babies, assuming that they would be biting, sucking, and...
16
16

switches
like the big arcade style switches on machines easy to see and easy to hit and have a solid feel and sound one concern is how they perform in a dusty environment anyone here added arcade style...
8
8

band saw belts
anyone tried link belts on their band saw keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw probaably cost more but they are...
78
78

Earlex 6002?
Anyone have the 6002? Highland is running a sale. The earlex website has a problem right now, that won't show the products correctly, so it's a little tough to navigate back and forth... looking for...
13
13

Carpentry Services | Wood Working Services
We give woodworker administrations to family units and workplaces, to help repair furniture, entryways, windows, broken entryway handles, pivots, handles and so on. carpenter work, woodworking...

Respirator recommendations?
I need a respirator for applying epoxy and subsequent use with other solvents. Any recommendations? Thanks, Larry
4
4

Desperate for tips, in the woodworking world ...
Things certainly appear to be getting that way ... I always liked playing with dominos, but was always disappointed when I ran out. Since I have a never-ending supply of domino stock in my shop, I set...
6
6

Dust Collector remote oddity
Hey, all-- I could use your help. I'm running a Shop Fox 1HP Dust collector on 240v. 60 Hz; only 1HP. Runs l ike a dream. I picked up the PSI Long Ranger III DC Remote system. 220V. It's rated fo r...
10
10

The latest bed is finished and delivered!
Both beds look really great. Did you leave instructions for disassembly in the future if you weren't around? I'd really hate to see someone mess them up out of ignorance. (Or assy picts)? They'd be...
10
10

Filling a void
Certainly you don't have to use 100% epoxy. Maybe screw a block into the hole first.
12
12