Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical question
Sorry Lew, but I get suspicious when somebody says "trust me". Normally, I would let this one slide. After all, the worst that might happen if he follows your advice is that he might spend an extra...
23
23

Fein service follow up
No, in Houston. Austin is in the "Hill Country" and a rain like that can cause some serious flash flooding. In June of 2001 Houston got 35 inches one weekend. One of the major freeways near Swingman...
6
6

Fein repair Serivce?
Must be something in the name. My Linda is the same way. All sweetness and light until she realizes that some merchant is trying to cheat her - then look out!
9
9

Decals
"sweet sawdust" wrote in news:8m3Kh.8752$ Just be sure to get some decent quality white glue. I got some stuff that Rose Art made, and no matter what I did to it, it always left white streaks. So much...
5
5

Critique my plan - workbench
"RayV" wrote No THAT is a novel excuse to buy more tools. Honey, I need more ballast for the bench, so I am going to buy these special hand forged chisels. They are heavier than normal chisels.
10
10

Grizzly or Ryobi Planer Recommendations?
Thanks for all of the responses. I've really been swayed by the responses and am now planning to buy the Ridgid planer. Chuck
11
11

Kreg Pocket Jig question - face frames and cabinet doors
If you are going to do an entire kitchen, get the big kit, like this: will save you a lot more time and be easier than just buying the pocket jig (which is like $30, IIRC).. You can always ebay it...
15
15

Cleaning Hardwood Floors
I posted a similar question on a home owners forum but I think you guys may know a lot more about things like this. My wife can be sort of compulsive about her cleaning. She vacuums the floor every...
5
5

Brazilian plywood.
Hi all, Can any one help by explaning what Brazilian plywood is? It is sold in B&Q (UK) and looks respectable, but what is its outer surface made of, and is it hard wearing? The shop assistants did...
1
1

Laptop table finished or Nailshooter asked for pics
Ok, I posted the pictures to Subject: Laptop table finished. 4 pictures, 320x240 pixels Mark http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/
3
3

Cars AND Woodworking
Now HERE is a wooden vehicle with style.. was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
6
6

How to cut a laminate counter top?
I have a laminate kitchen countertop that needs shortening I believe the type is known as post form It is particle board base with laminate on top, with a backsplash. What is the best way to cut it -...
7
7

Woodworking TV
I watched some of the "Woodworking TV Channel", which I learned about from this NG. I'll pass along a few thoughts and would be interested in the opinions of other viewers. They spend some time...
5
5

Convert *.skf file
SKD is the older AutoSketch file format. There was more than one. 2.1 for certain used SKD. AutoSketch evolved or rather devolved in the recent past years. The latest programs are no where near as...
15
15

routers: porter-cable vs. dewalt
Try harder. Mine's centered.