Subject Author Posted Replies

FA: Delta HD Shaper
Located in Mesa, AZ VERY NICE Delta Heavy Duty 3hp Shaper, with shaper cutters to make raised panel doors. All accessories, very little used! Will travel up to 2-3 hours to meet the winning bidder and...
1
1

metal screw inset
Does anyone know where I can purchase a fastener system that I've seen in supply catalogs: It's a two-piece system, a threaded metal inset that can be screwed into a hole in the materail to make an...
9
9

Squirrel abatement
Remembered the device for combating squirrels stealing bird seed. Look for Yankee Flipper, video puts it in context, hilarious!
7
7

Festool comes through for me.
The price compares to a Lamello biscuit joiner both about $700. As a hobbiest woodwoker time is my biggest challenge, if this tool saves me just 2 hrs on each project then the cost pays for itself in...
47
47

Porter-cable 690LRVS - HELP!!!
warning the following is from a novice I just purchased a PC router, model 690LRVS and I cannot figure out how to adjust the height of the bit. With the collet flush against the base I inserted the...
15
15

Metal detector search
DAGS and found LOTS of BIG pricey units for finding buried treasures but not any hand held units for nails/brads/screws. Would Zircon have a viable option?
6
6

Using a hinge jig for the first time
I normally don't do hinges (never had the need). Anyway I'm building a new A-Frame for my dog agility trainig, and at the apex I've decided to use some heavy duty hinges so the A- Frame can be raised...
3
3

Norm's next tool acquisition?
This looks interesting: +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough...

Wasn't sure which address
Presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards were flying to a convention. Barack looked at Hillary, chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the...
3
3

Do you cut your own stock wood?
Time and space. Jim
11
11

How do I slow down my ryobi bandsaw
I have the Ryobi vertical bandsaw approximate cost $99. I have a hack saw style blade 28+- teeth. At the speed the saw moves it doesn't cut for crap, burns wood, heats up metal. And before I get...
11
11

Stolen tools & Police/ sheriff's database
Database article this: On a dreary Monday morning you board the train into work with your laptop for the start of yet another long work week. As the train pulls into your station you sleepily stand up...
11
11

Wainscot/moulding conundrum
O, I see the possibilities now. :) Yes, that's interesting. It looks like by using one of the "Bullnose Corner Blocks" you'd put that on the rounded corner and then butt the moulding or wainscot to...
6
6

Frank Klausz
I have to thank who ever it was that posted the message about this guy. I found a couple of his videos (yes, real live tapes, lol) and he is absolutley amazing. Watching him make hand cut dovetails...
9
9

I need your opinions
I've worked in three different cabinet shops in the past ten years and recently decided I would like to start my own home woodshop. I started doing research on all the tools and equipment I would need...
14
14