Subject Author Posted Replies

Tuning Dados
I'm making a closet organizer for SWMBO. Ya know, to score points, so I can buy more tools. 8-) I picked up some BB plywood for this project. Assembly involves a few dados. I found that the BB does...
25
25

OT(ish): How do you find the motivation??
Some things are easier than others - mostly because we *want* to complete them. Good examples: 1. photo plaque for my wife for Valentine's Day (just happened to be the first finshed piece from my new...
15
15

Dynabrade sanders - non vac, self vac, or external vac?
I'm just about sick of messing with electric random orbital sanders and I'm in the market for one of the air powered Dynabrade 5" PSA sanders (yes, I have plenty of compressor power to handle one)....
2
2

rescuing a table surface
Have a much loved low table, which is well made; 'but' it has an imitation wood grain formica top that is now quite worn. It's quite a big table and I have often looked out for a nice thin sheet of...
3
3

Table Saw Molding Head
Hi, I never have any experience with Table Saw Molding Head, maybe the experts in this forum could give their opinion. I saw a tabl saw molding head with one blade. Is it good? Would it worth buying?...
50
50

OT Humor
Kicked the slats out of the cradle the first time I heard this. Times change, back then it was only $10K not $20K. Lew
4
4

Using 230V 1Ph 60Hz Machines in 220/240V Country
Dear All, I'm sure this question may not be the first time appear in this forum However, I am not able to search for similar threads previously poste by other members of this very useful forum. My...
2
2

It Works For Me, YMMV
Decided to build a chest of drawers. Decided to use half blind dovetails on all four (4) corners of each drawer. No good reason, except when I got started with a router and that dovetail jig, forgot...
7
7

Clogged pores in walnet
Indeed I will. Sorry for the delay in replying, work's been eating me alive the last couple of days. Well, I'll try a different approach. The oven cleaner really did get everything off the surface -...
10
10

log furniture
Asking for a couple tips from someone who has built log furniture. The one book that I have says that the mortised piece should be green wood so that it shrinks around the tenon which should be dried...

Best workflow for furniture-thoughts?
[snipped purely because I can] I do that all the time with good results. r
1
1

Fish Tank Design - any good?
Not exactly. Let's say your tank is 1.5' by 5'. Here's what I'd do. Make up four frame and panel assemblies 19" wide and as tall as I want tha tank to be. Two for the outside and two for the inside....
25
25

Delta JT160 6" Jointer...
Added a little to the shop today. Picked up a 6" delta at an auction this past weekend. It needed a little TLC to remove the layer of mud and dirt that was on it, but the elbow grease and WD40 did...

problems using roo clear with melamine
I just tried gluing up a quick sample joint using biscuits and RooClear on 5/8" melamine. The two pieces were about 10"x16", with the joint along the longer dimension. The joint was a 90 degree "L"...
5
5

Why do we call it "Stain"?
I can understand over turned but all the local TV stations catch on fire from the others. For years it was "the vehicle turned over". Some one fresh out of college introduces "over turned" and...
26
26