Subject Author Posted Replies

woodspalting
What causes woodspalting?
5

DeVilbiss Spray Gun
OK, it's fixed. It was indeed the spray nozzle. The gun shoots water just fine now, even though there is a slight flutter. The flutter is most likely caused because I didn't tighten the nozzle enough,...
1
1

King Compound Mitre Saw Laser Guide (minor problem)
Good Evening: I have a King 10" Compound Sliding Mitre Saw (Model 8372) and the laser has died after a year; it faded away, hence I need to replace the battery. I cannot locate my book and after I...
1
1

Re: ((( WARNING ))) Pass it on if you have the courage. †
... snip of a bunch o conspiracy theory BS You forgot to add the APRIL FOOL! at the end +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ If you're gonna be dumb, you...

Loose delta unifence
I've got a delta 10" arbor saw that has the 30" unifence with rail. Typically, once the fence is in position, when pushing the handle down to lock it in place, there is a "normal" resistence and you...
5
5

Is this the Lee Valley April Fools Tool/Product?
I am sorry, I can't tell. But the product description concludes with this statement, "So why call it the Mk.XXXXII? Well - we put a lot of deep thought into the design, and what else could we call a...
15
15

Sanding between Shellac coats: Exactly How?
I often see advice to sand between coats of shellac. But exactly how? What grit? Should a lubricant be used? Will the paper clog up if sanded dry? Exactly what am I trying to accomplish? Simply...
3
3

HOME DEPOT BUYS LEE VALLEY!
Look at the calendar, you fool you. *snickers* r---> who is thinking of going to Walmart today with a few pre-made P- Labels and switch a bunch of hair-dye bottles from their boxes and re- labelling...
11
11

My method for installing bowed deck planks
Just saw another tool for straightening bowed deck planks. I thought I'd volunteer the method I used to install my cedar deck planks last fall. I had used the nail method for my first deck where you...

ok, I reposted it......whre's my good fortune?
From: "keith" Subject: this a bit off the point of wood working but its a good read Date: Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:27 AM Do this its fun!!!:) THIS ONE ISN'T A JOKE, IT ACTUALLY HELPS YOU FIGURE OUT A...
3
3

this a bit off the point of wood working but its a good read
Do this its fun!!!:) THIS ONE ISN'T A JOKE, IT ACTUALLY HELPS YOU FIGURE OUT A COUPLE OF KEY THINGS, Either grab a writing utensil and something to write on, or just remember your anwers. Apparently...
1
1

Hiking staffs
I have cut 15 cedar poles for use as hiking staffs for the guys in my Cub Scout den. I want to let them dry for the next year or so and then strip the bark, smooth them down and apply spar varnish. I...
7
7

Cordless drill
I very seldom post hear. But I have a question, I'm about ready for a new cordless drill I was looking at the Hilti line of drills and was thinking about trying the SFH 151A. I did notice one comes...
1
1

Scroll saw
Couple weeks ago, I asked about a starter saw. Thanks for the replys. Went with the DW788, seems the reviews ran hot and cold for everything but the DW. Saw should arrive about Wed. Question; Where is...
1
1

Shelf liner
Just got my Feb FWW. One tip mentions a shelf liner on a push stick. The 3rd world has never heard of a shelf liner. Please give me an idea of what it made of so can get something similar. TIA ******...
13
13