Subject Author Posted Replies

Welcome 2017
Happy New Year to all! Wishing you all the best (in wood) this year ;)
1
1

Using A Chain Saw On A Lathe
Would you try what the guy in the first segment does? It gets interesting starting at about 2:00, once he starts the lathe.
3
3

Kreg Rip-Cut Circular Saw Guide
It looks interesting. I need to rip a bit of plywood. To much to want to do it on the table saw and not enough to justify the purchase of a panel saw. Any of you guys using a Kreg Rip-Cut Circular Saw...
30
30

Happy New Year.
Happy New Year folks. Another innovation from the Russian, or Chzek. They can be smoothed out I think. Router Jig Design Inlay - https://youtu.be/nj8gMDUExMc Router table -...
2
2

OT: console table design
stack up those dozens of RH catalogs sitting in the lobby for the sides/legs. .... maybe stagger some for the top it would need some hardboard or some such reinforcement

mystified by my bandsaw...
I mostly use my bandsaw for curved work, but recently I wanted to resaw a couple of thick boards, and having a new 1/2" blade on hand set up the fence to do so. The cut went fine for 3 or 4 inches,...
12
12

Gorilla products suck.
I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue). well april 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's level of stick...
6
6

Brush Cleaning after Polyurethane
Puckdropper wrote in news:586010c1$0$11978$c3e8da3$ I read that green denatured alchol had less water in it than normal denatured alchol which would be better if you mix your own shellac. Of course,...
4
4

wood glue at hi temps
anyone know if would glue breaks down at hi temps say 200-300 f
19
19

Merry Christmas
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.
16
16

interesting 3d cad program
have been trying out a program for making 3d models called openscad instead of clicking a mouse to create your object you define it programatically so far just playing with it to understand how it...
171
171

free ship for couple of weeks
lee valley have free shipping offer for over 40 dollar orders

50 year Old Hammer Restoration
Someone loves their Dad: Finished product first. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
14
14

whiteside bits
these seem to get a premium price are they worht it i have seen some good reviews and have heard they are good looking at their router bits because there is so much junk out there shaped like router...
3
3

bosch jigsaw
have been satsified with my bosch jigsaw but it would really benefit from having a light not sure why there is no light it would not add much to the cost and it would be really helpful also annoying...
32
32