Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust Control Grounding
I have a portable dust collector and I was wondering how to ground the hose when I am constantly moving it around from machine to machine. I get shocked from the outside of the hose, so I assume...
6
6

Kids table & chairs
I got a request from my daughter-in-law to make a table & chair set for my 3 year old granddaughter. Anyone know of a good set of plans? Reference to Wood magazine or Shopsmith preferred. I searched...
1
1

FS: SCMI MiniMax S45 18" Bandsaw, Mesa, AZ
In EXCELLENT little used condition. SCMI MiniMax S45 Bandsaw made in Italy. 1.8hp motor, 10" resaw capacity under the guides. $850, local pickup only in Mesa, AZ if seriously interested, email me for...

14a motor more powerful than a 10a motor?
There is a Craftsman 14a 1hp motor locally for very little. I would like to try to use it to replace the 10a 1hp motor on my Delta 14" bandsaw. The craftsman would have to be really really inefficient...
8
8

Table refinishing?
I'm a novice and newbie, so go easy on me, please :-) Some houseguests have left serious white rings on our wood dining table, and they cannot be buffed out with various methods (toothpaste, furniture...
8
8

abpw
What's abpw? Will someone post a link?
3
3

Other renderings and ramblings.
Just a few from my collection of thoughts expressed via models and photoshops(submitted for contests and with a few wins) I'm not sure this is going to work. All perfectly safe for work and families...
1
1

Want longer cord for Delta TS
This is from a google search. Marv The general rule of thumb for picking wiring size is ยท 14-gauge wire is rated for currents up to 15 amps. Circuits in many homes, especially cost-conscious tract...
46
46

Pointy Sticks on apbw
I've posted some pics of a woodworking project on abpw - not your usual pointy sticks! Scott Cramer

Hodgett's book recommendation...........
I've been seeing Lew Hodgett's references to Bingham's 'Practical Yacht Joinery' for years now. So when I saw a new copy on Amazon marketplace I thought I'd make the $5. investment. Well, this book is...
8
8

sawhandle gloat
I needed a straighter cut from my cheap Japanese-style pullsaw, and in less time than it would have taken to drive to the local woodworking store, I did a modification. It works extremely well, vast...
11
11

New project
I always liked working in different materials. So far, the customer likes what she sees in this rendering. I'm kinda happy with it even though it was a bear to render. I thought, I'd share. Tell me...
20
20

Drum Sander Chatter
I just bought a Performax 16-32 drum sander. I tried sanding a piece about 20 inches wide, so I had to overlap. It seemed to be working OK, but when I got down to the last grit (80,120,150) I noticed...
1
1

Workbench Plans
Hi, Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have found the posts most interesting and helpful. I am planning on doing some "not too expensive" cabinets for my garage and find that I am in need of...
8
8

A New "How It's Made"
The most recent edition of "How It's Made" shows two stories of interest to woodworkers: The first shows how they laminate and finish wheels for expensive boats. A lot of scarf joints, router work,...
18
18