Subject Author Posted Replies

Water bourne lacquer finishing techique help needed.
I'm in the process of finishing some walnut stair railings and posts, using ML Campbell's UltraStar Clear lacquer(USCl) (Satin). I'm spraying with HVLP, (Turbinaire, 1500, 3 stage). 70°F, 30%-40%...
5
5

Spalting info
There have been a few questions about spalting lately, so I thought I'd share this article from the Ohio DNR. originally found this via the Woodworker's Journal eZine. No affiliations.) Andy
1
1

What is the catch?
OK they got my interest but I don't believe it. What is the catch to the Ridgid Lifetime warranty on tools including batteries? try and make good on this lifetime deal?
8
8

Centering a router/mortise
So I'm trying to create a dovetail joint like the ones on these table legs do this I'm using my newly constructed mortise jig which looks a lot like this I'm having a hard time centering the cut. Is...
4
4

Is Elm good for anything?
I'm a noob to this forum (from Google groups), but not a noob woodworker. I have an elm tree that has grown so large, as to encroach on my house. I hate to do it, but within a couple of years I will...
11
11

Normites vs Luddites
I thought this topic might spur some interesting opinions. Over many years, as a woodworker, I have seen many useful and not so useful improvements added to the tools we use. An incomplete list of...
9
9

Bevel up vs back bevel smoother
What would work better on curly cherry, a Stanley Bailey #4 or #4 1/2 clone with back bevel or a bevel up smoother? Thinking of getting Lee Valley or Lie-Niesen smoother, BU or regular. Would the same...
3
3

Iron stains on mahogany?
--I'm taking a whack at box making; last night I left something gluing up with a square in place to make sure it cured to an accurate angle. But I'd sponged the joint first, so some moisture got...
5
5

Makita or Festool
This may sound like a follish question, but, I am looking to buy a nice lightweight and compact 18V driver. I currently have a 14.4V Hitachi, a 18V Hitachi, a14.4V Dewalt and a 18V Firestorm. I find...
16
16

Creating a Panel fitted in an old radio
I am currently converting an antique radio into a computer case. Circa 1930s. The back is open and originally has a cardboard-like material. I am having trouble figuring out how to fit a MDF panel to...
12
12

iTech 1332 OR Axminster AW10BSB2
Dear All, I'm now more or less at the final stage of choosing which Saw Bench (Cabinet Saw/Table Saw) to buy. I've narrowed down to two makes, that is either iTech 1332 OR Axminster AW10BSB. Both are...

which HF lift table
I've been watching sales at HF for one of their hydraulic lift tables. There are 4 models, but basically they fall into two sizes, either a: 50" (high lift) " other two look to be lighter duty.. ??? "...
1
1

Slop Room Sink Project
Started a new project for SWMBO last week. We have a laundry/Bath room on the first floor and it had a little powder room sink in it. Since the Mrs is getting a little tired of me using her sink every...
2
2

Head Board
I am relatively new to woodworking and wanted to build a headboard for a bed. Would anyone recommend attaching it to the bed frame that came with the mattress? There is a plate at the head that makes...
7
7

How would you do this?
Me, one of two ways quarter saw wood (least likely for me) laminating veneers to a form (most likely) {needing a vacuum press}. Mark
17
17