Subject Author Posted Replies

ZOETROPE
Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer

Need A Logo Design for your company?
Need A Logo Design for your company? These guys made me a fantastic logo for my new store!, only $19.95! Check out their site: don't know how long they are doing this promotion though.
2
2

BATPHONE
If you don't realize by now there wood somehwere in the plans I post, you need help. JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or...

SEISMOGRAPH
Yes, wood is in it. JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer

OT - Make Your Own Coffin
Make your wife or girlfriend a gift. JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston...

milling maple
I had to take down a maple in front of my house last week. The thing was dead, around 20-24" at its base. I was hoping it might yield some interesting spalted slabs, however in cross section there is,...
5
5

Barrel Grip vs Handle
I have been using the best jigsaw for years which is the Bosch 1587AVSK Top Handle Jigsaw. I went to a Rockler tool swap meet in San Diego and sold it for about 70% of what I paid for it. I did this...
5
5

HELP!!!!! Need to darken the stain on a new headboard I bought!!!!
Ask at forum where pros answer based on their experience. >at this and want to surprise my fiance' with a beautiful new headboard! Furniture Refinishing & Antique Restoration...
8
8

Mitering with the Disk Sander
A few months ago I added a 12" disk sander to my collection of sanders and while I thought it would be one of those luxury sanders, I have found that it has already seen more action than my OS Spindle...
10
10

How tapered can you make a leg?
What are the limits of tapering for a leg that will be part of a small bench, i.e how thin can the end be without the thing breaking when you sit on it. The leg will be walnut and about 18" long, 1...
12
12

Looking for a good old drill press.
I live in the Olympia, WA area. I'm looking for a Buffalo, older Delta, Atlas, etc.. Please e-mail me if you've got one you'd like to part with. Thanks, John in Olympia.
3
3

Dust collection filter vibrators for cleaning?
Are there devices that will automatically and periodically vibrate, shake or impulse filters to shake out the dust cake that builds in the filter pleats?
19
19

hinge 180 degree hidden,for flushed surface
hi all my question is is there any hinge which satisfy the following, 1.180 degrees of rotation 2.door and cabinent front surface flushed 3.the hinge must be hidden
16
16

suggestions for drawer repairs
Some background: My wife's mother died last month and her "new" furniture (as in only 40 years old) and her "old" furniture (as in having belonged to her parents) is going to her granddaughters. The...
8
8

jointing and gluing tabletops - need help improving my results!
For starters, I am a beginner woodworker, just trying to learn a few of the tricks of the trade. I have made a couple of coffee tables recently, both out of cherry. The first was intended to be a very...
19
19