Subject Author Posted Replies

David - More thoughts on HVLP an waterborne
Thanks, Joe. I am hoping others will chime in here with their thoughts as there is a lot of great experience in finishing around here. Especially for commercial work, I am seeing that HVLP may be...
4
4

Shop Fox Tools
Shiraz (Sal) Balolia is the registered agent for both Grizzly Tools and Woodstock International (ShopFox).
6
6

An amusing recollection
It must have been 1969 when a hurricane ripped through Atlanta. I was working for an insurance company in MA then and, like many others, had to go to Atlanta on "storm duty" to inspect insurance...
1
1

clear garbage can?
Before too long it would be so scratched up that you wouldn't be able to see through it anyway.
13
13

Re: Nailgun injuries soar among weekend warriors
The Bloods and the Crips have a nasty reputation for drive by bayonetings here in LA Gunner A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a...
50
50

Delta 36-717 vs Grizzly 1023SL
Ok, I have searched this group and read a lot about both of these saws. I was at my local tool shop yesterday and was checking out the 36-717. A nice looking saw, but I did notice the table extension...
15
15

Solar-Heated Workshop (more)
Never!. In the new place, I will be paying a LOT of attention to dust control. Possibly a separate room for sanding and cutting with a furnace-blower- based recirc system. I'm not even sure what I can...
28
28

'39 Unisaw on EBAY this morning
looks to be in very good condition. There are other great looking older machines pictured with it. Marc...
1
1

I need a forum!
if you have no hosting,I suggest you apply for a free forum. More powerful than the phpbb Trait: 100% free and no pop-ups. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Storage, Unlimited users, unlimited threads,...

Wood
this is the thing http://s2.bitefight.ba/c.php?uid=49708heh

Porter-Cable 371K Compact Belt Sander opinion wanted
I am thinking getting this sander and was wondering what those of you who have this sander think of it? Is it worth the money and how is it built? Thanks for your information.
2
2

curved blade carving knife
I am looking for a carving knife with a curved blade. I was suprised upon looking at over 20 of the usual sources to find that all of the blades were straight edged. I need a blade about 1" long x...
9
9

Nice work, Charlie Self and Lee Gordon!
My ore-order from Amazon of: arrived yesterday. I spent most of last evening enjoying cold micro brew and sampling the book. Both the subjects and the quality of the photography are fantastic!...
2
2

Nail-Gun Injuries Among Consumers Rise With Sales, U.S. Says
Nail-Gun Injuries Among Consumers Rise With Sales, U.S. Says By Elizabeth Lopatto April 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nail-gun injuries among U.S. consumers tripled from 1991 to 2005 as the products became more...
17
17

OT: None of these companies make tools, do they?
Staples, General Motors, Sprint Nextel, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, PetMed Express, American Express and Bigelow Tea. r
14
14