Subject Author Posted Replies

Shopsmith on steroids --- Felder CF 741
Home Depot was all out of Siberian Larch lumber so I shit canned this project. ^ยบ^ Shipping cost for a used one from Lohmar, Germany? Built together with us this highlight for fun, joy and...
69
69

Ikea Effect: The Science of Cheap, Crappy Furniture
"We don't need no stinking aprons." Let's get into table design for a second. If you look at your average dining table, you'll see most have aprons. The aprons prevent racking and, in the case of...
38
38

Forever Chair Glides
One of life's minor problems that can become major aggravations are the glides one installs on the legs of chairs to protect the floor as people shuffle the chairs around. I've tried a lot of things....
9
9

Need help rebuilding the lower rollers on a Rockwell 22-650 planer
Hello, all - We've got a Rockwell 13" woodworking planer, about 30 years old, model 22-650, whose lower rollers need to be rebuilt and we don't know how to dismantle them. This is a link to some...
8
8

finishing disaster.
Started finishing a desk set. Maple sanded to 220. No pre=stain (ie seal coat) Finish Barley Chestnut gel stain. Blotchy... ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! fortunately its only the first piece of the set. Was hoping...
17
17

Applying dye as toner
I need to spray some interior doors. 2x6 Wood frame and glass center. The grain on the wood portion is objectionable. really In the past: I put a light coat of shellac on first to seal the wood and...
4
4

2 christmas projects.
Hockey end table. Appetizer trays / wine glass holder. Each has a different look to identify your tray/food/wine. Christmas present for my Son.. A NJ Devils fan.This is his apartment, a few broken...
22
22

Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D
Apparently Craftsman was around before Sears acquired it 90 years ago. And now Sears is selling Craftsman tools to Stanley. After controlling the Craftsman name for 90 years, troubled department store...
470
470

Table Assembly on Grizzly 9 inch bandsaw
Hi, I just got the G0803 and the table assembly seems very loose. I have the l ock lever and Adjustment knob pretty tight and the table/trunnion still not icably moves. Is the back bolt on the...
2
2

TS Circuit -- Part 2
First of all, thanks for all the comments and good advice. The breaker box is located in the garage and there is no clear, open route to the basement and on to the shop. Here's what I am going to do:...
189
189

Shaker Extinction?
Shakers on the verge of extinction......
1
1

Would You Do This With A Dado Blade?
The recent thread related to building a Clamp Rack got me looking at youtube for options. Start this video at 3:20 and watch how he cuts the slots for the clamps. Is this how you would do it?
25
25

Clamp storage in the shop
I am going to build a rolling box to store my Bessy clamps. Basically a 3/4" plywood box with channels-compartments in it to lower the red Bessy clamps into from the top. Clamps will stand up in rows....
11
11

TS keeps popping circuit
I have one 15-amp circuit serving my basement shop. Can I switch the breaker to 20 amps? TS is tripping when ripping 6/4 maple.
36
36

Raised Panel Question
I'm building 2 sets of double doors, for "exterior" use. I'm aware not to glue the panels to the frames. The doors won't get rained on, but dense fog gets into every nook and cranny. I was considering...
4
4