Subject Author Posted Replies

Where to get raw materials in PA?
WestPenn is in Oneonta New York
6

How bad was my mistake?
Do you have any scrap left over? If so, glue some up using the exact same circumstances as the original and let it cure. Then try to take it apart with a hammer, chisel, etc. If the wood fails before...
10
10

Turning Walls Into Floors
I have to agree with the above post. Be prepared to do some reframing. You also need to ask yourself how you are going to attach this flooring to the floor, do you need to add a tongue and groove? If...
4
4

Used 14" Delta Bandsaw - Houston Area
I don't know, Swingman, looks a little like those machines I pulled out of my mini-warehouse down in Biloxi after katrina. They got any low spots up that Northwest highway :~) Frank
2
2

DeWalt is offering GPS for your tools
16
16

Pricing question
Absolutely! The most important reason to know the true cost of doing business is to be able to know when a job isn't worth doing. You can sometimes mark up a price to what the market will bear, and...
18
18

Stolen from the net
And then there was the soldier who was talking to Chelsea Clinton.....she asked him about fear. He said there were only 3 things he was afraid of -- "Osama, Obama and Yo Mama"

Refinishing door
It does sound like a replacement if something must be done. I will say, however, that so long as it opens, closes and locks then you may wait to replace until it no longer does those things.
8
8

Tools Dictate Dimesnions? was: Furniture Without Measuring Tapes?
Well, the width of a #7 hand plane may be wide enough for the apron of a table for example, and a block plane might be wide enough for the stretchers. If you decide to do a bead on the inside and...
6
6

Dominus Vobiscum - now - DOMINO Go Frisk 'Em
I have a couple of Stanley Powerlock 33-203 3 meter/10 ft tapes purchased in the US. Larry
16
16

BYO
I have never heard that TLA translated to "Brew Your Own", Here in Qld it stands for "Bring Your Own" and is applied to a certain type of restaurant license which allows patrons to bring a bottle of...
2
2

PING - Robatoy
Tue, Apr 24, 2007, 7:18am (EDT-3) (Robatoy doth order: Keep looking. Ah, you obviously don't want me to keep looking then. No prob. JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter....
4
4

SQUARE EASEL
tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe http://bengrosser.com/easel/JOATExpensive

Underlayment advice for oak flooring strips
Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to use either 1/4-inch lauan or hardboard as underlayment for 3/4-inch oak flooring strips (nailed)? The subfloor is 3/4-inch OSB with somewhat rough, uneven...
9
9

Where to get rough pine and cedar in Southern Ontario?
You may have done my neighbours place over on "Church" street? If RJ needs help with the sandblastig let me know I use to work for a large operation in Sarnia that does custom work and now has six...
11
11