Subject Author Posted Replies

New sander
I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)
15
15

Clamping beveled joints
I have two pieces of oak - 17" x 3" that are beveled 45 degrees along their length. I need to glue them to form a 90 degree leg. I have some corner miter clamps that I can put on the top & bottom but...
13
13

BALSA WOODEN PLUG - CRANKBAIT
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan 300 Multiple Choices

MDF, Pine, and Bondo
I have a project on my hands where I have to create a smooth curve. I plan to sandwich a number of MDF pieces together to achieve depth. However, for structure, I also need to sandwich a number of...
35
35

Epoxy Filler for Deck Boards
A couple of boards on my 25 year old CCA treated deck have developed some rot. It's mostly in a few areas near the center of the 2X4 (perhaps heartwood where the CCA did not penetrate), and the...
6
6

Cool Woodworking Information
http://www.BrandonsMansion.com

Steel City double drm sander
Hello Everyone, I'd like to hear comments regarding the 26" dbl drum sander from Steel City. Thanks, Jon

OT - Feeling Lucky Enough to Buy A Lottery Ticket
Ten seconds before the 12KV line broke and fell sparking and arcing onto the street, I'd walked under it without even being aware it, and two more 12KV lines, were lurking overhead. Had I started my...
12
12

What is a good price for a used table saw?
I am about to upgrade to a new table saw. My dad's 20 year old Craftsman saw is going to be surplused to I will list it on Craigslist and see if I can get some change for it. Still in good shape with...
18
18

Stationary Disc Sander - Shopsmith Steel Disc Good Enough to Use?
I am going to make a stationary disc sander with quick change discs. I am considering using Shopsmith steel sanding plates, but don't know how good they are. Do they run true? Thanks If you want to...
4
4

Locating a parts source on line
Tell me if this is a waste of your time, but here goes: I wanted to get some parts for a Black and Decker Workmate bench that I got at a farm auction some years ago. I tried many internet searches to...

shadow box plans
Does anyone know where I can find plans for a military shadow box?
14
14

How make dowel rod?
Without a lathe, how can I make 1" dowel rod from Oak? Is it as simple as taking a 1" square oak blank and running each side through a router table with 1/2 radius round over bit against the bit...
13
13

Flushing inlay w/ router?
When making an inlay I usually leave the inlay a little proud and sand it flush. Sometimes this will leave the area filling uneven as a result of the wood surrounding the inlay getting sanded lower in...
9
9

Something Seen on Norm's Show
Norm was making a table with inlays in the top. He used some stuff to keep the stain he was applying from bleeding into the inlays. What was the stuff?
7
7