Subject Author Posted Replies

Great Router for sale on ebay...cheap!
Hello all. I'm looking to part with my Makita Router as condo life really doesn't allow for that form of woodworking. If anyone is interest it can be found listed under item number: 140116981527 at...

Screws or 22-caliber nails
So I'm back with a question about my T&G wood floor in the converte garage. I was going to put 3/4 inch plywood down on the cement floo first, on top of a vapor barrier. How do I make sure the plywood...
19
19

OT? Wheels or casters for outdoor use?
Hello, I've been using some 4X4 PT oriented in a triangle shape on the ground to support my snow plow when it's off of the vehicle. The blade of the plow straddles the "point" and the frame rests on...
5
5

HOSPITAL CAGE
For unruly patients I preume. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.javafinch.co.uk/buildhospital/hospitalndx.html

mobile base
Got this via email today it reminded me of a homemade mobile base I saw on the web but can't relocate. The one I am looking for employed a wooden 'hook' to either lift it up the base or hold the...

Tambour materials
Hello Everyone, I building a Tambour for the first time. This Tambour is 46 inches wide. The pieces that make up the top are 3/4" x 3/4". The length of the assembly is 32". What is the best fabric to...
3
3

How to build a wooden UFO???
I want to fool those "they are here"-idiots with a wooden UFO - to make fun of them. How can I craft a wooden UFO??? It should look like a flying saucer...
15
15

table saw manf?
posted pic in altpicswood. who makes this griz ??? LOL from game FEAR

table saw
Posted a pic in altbpicswoodworking. Who makes this Griz ?? lol from game F.E.A.R.

Steel City Drum sander
Does anyone have one of these? What do you see as he pro's / cons of this machine? Thanks, Jon
5
5

online lumber suppliers
Does anyone have an updated list of online suppliers selling small quantaties of various woods? I am especially interested in some non- instrument grade spruce for testing violin varnishes- Thanks...

Re: Lie Neilsen #7
I was leaning towards the low angle version as it seems more versitile based on my experience with my other two low angle planes. I have yet to experiment with using higher angle grinds on the blade,...

Making a PC desk (work table)
I have decided to scrap out my PC table (30" x 48") which has a 1 1/4 inch thick laminated top and weighs a ton. Newer PC's and LCD monitors don't require this massive monstrosity. I want to build a...
6
6

Spindles on kitchen chairs
I have several loose spindles on my oak kitchen chairs and want to fix them. I know the ultimate fix would be to pin each of these with a dowel. Does the "spindle tightening glue" work or is it just a...
4
4

OT - Question, Category Uncertain
OK, this is not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu if it is true, I'm curious. I've heard that at some eating establishments in Israel that you can order 'white beef', which is, of...
11
11