Subject Author Posted Replies

Extreme(?) crosscut dadoes
Alright, I'm scared. I'm getting ready to cut the dadoes into the sides of a corner cabinet. These are essentially crosscuts as far as 48 inches from the referencing edge, which would be up against...
32
32

New fence
I went into my local Lowes to get some gardening supplies. Low and behold I see they have the Delta 30" UniFence Marked down from $300 to $93 and with a Military Discount I walked out with it at $83...
6
6

CNC Router question
I'm looking to purchase a cnc router with a cutting area of about 1000mmx1000mm. Anyone reccomend a good model, make, website. Thanks Adrian
12
12

new toy from Lee Valley...Veritas Surface Clamp
They've gone and done it again... 's an interesting companion to their hold-down. More useful in thin material, but with a shorter reach. Chris Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee...
3
3

Obsolete? (commentary)
I've got a Skilsaw 5250 with a cracked "upper guard assembly". The "upper guard assembly" is the piece that goes over the top of the blade and attaches to the handle. The broken place is at the back...
11
11

Acronyms & Slang ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING
ACRONYMS & SLANG FOR REC WOODWORKING The following list was posted several years ago, so it's probably worth repeating it for those who came later. It's not an exhaustive list, probably the tip of the...
59
59

Ping charlieb / Domino questions
Hey Charlieb. Now that you have had your Domino for a few weeks, what do you think? I am in the middle of a project for a customer and was using my PC plate joiner to attach 2.5" wide edging to...
11
11

suggestions for adhesives to use on Ipe
Hello All, Does anyone have any experience applying any adhesives to Ipe? I have been asked to make a small memorial pedestal (12 x 12 x 9.5) that will be the base for a small (6 x 9 )plaque placed...
3
3

What is it? CLXXI
Set 171 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

Favorite "classic" tool?
Okay. New thread. What is your favorite "classic" tool in the shop? You can interpret "classic" to mean any number of things; I am going to interpret it as meaning "they still make them the same way...
27
27

Re: Free woodworking plan: The repeating crossbow
No prob. This is probaby the same one. Except this one won't die. Or, google for the Chinese repeating crossbow. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter...
1
1

Leigh Dovetail Jigs: New Design, Affordably Priced
From Popular Woodworking . . .
11
11

gold in that there wood...
is Albany, NYs list. Calculate the price per BF and chuckle! http://albany.craigslist.org/mat/337124581.htmlThis
8
8

Spray Painted Surface Very Rough
I used cans of semi-gloss oil based spray paint to spray the finish coat on a book case. The surface was very smooth before I sprayed. But the sprayed surface was very rough after spraying. Seem like...
31
31

Resurected sideboard
Hi guys, I finally finished my sideboard... the dreaded painted wood and ball catch project. To those that offered help and advice, thank you so much! Mounting the ball catches turned out to be a...
1
1