Subject Author Posted Replies

Benchtop Disk/Belt Sander Options?
Years ago I bought a 10" bench top disk sander. I also made a simple jig for my hand held belt sander to use it on the bench. Basically just 2 clamps to hold it on a board. Both have served me well...
2
2

The VERY best woodworking show
I know there's been some discussion about the sorry state of the national w oodworking shows - I can recall going to one in the 1990's that was just a treat. But here's a great alternative -...
2
2

vintage clamps .. ?
... or something made-to-look vintage ? What would these be used for ? John T.
6
6

Fisheye
I had some pieces (4"x 4") that had been finished with lacquer and then wax ed. In the end the color did not match the surrounding stuff and I need to darken them. I used mineral spirits to take off...
1
1

grizzly catalog
not a big fan of grizzly but the catalog is nice to have provides a quick way to look up a large number of tools and accessories it is quicker to browse than the web some i never knew existed like a...
1
1

Furniture moulding
If you have perhaps not yet spent quite enough attention planning out your mouldings, I ran across this book: "Furniture Moulding... to 1820" by Warne (published 1923). Here is a link: If you enjoy...
17
17

when are safety features unsafe
lots of safety features get in the way and disrupt workflow and are unsafe my hitachi cms has a blade guard that is fine most of the time but once in a while when i am cutting the thickest wood it can...
34
34

Mortising the old way
Just an old machine on Craiglist locally. https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tls/5994510851.html
6
6

Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS
(1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632 http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/benchtop-tools/the-fate-of-reaxx_o
290
290

removing wax before adding more color
I have a set of 2 dozen pieces (about 5 inches square) that were finished w ith lacquer and waxed a number of months ago. I now find that the longer b oards that the 5 inch pieces will be joined to...

A tip for lubricating you clamps.
For many years I have had clamps that began to perform poorly. I learned by experience and through the advise of the manufacturers of how to over come the problems. My wooden double handle screw...
20
20

what to do with scraps and leftovers
make a car what else
4
4

Steve Turner plane cabinet
Good morning guys, I was brought to the forums by this picture and have started building one myself on a much smaller scale. Steve, I do have a Stanley 78 which I build a holder for in your style but...

Now THIS is a woodworking show.
http://www.expocadweb.com/awfs17/ec/forms/attendee/index5.aspx#fpPanel
2
2

loose drill press pulley
the drive pulley just refuses to stay tight took it all apart and oiled it and cleaned it and still loosens after only a couple of on off cycles the key seems fine and pulley and motor shaft look okay...
17
17