Subject Author Posted Replies

Gloat with a problem...
The SWMBO and I were at a community yard sale yesterday and I spotted a mint PC557 biscuit jointer for 50 dollars - I looked at the SWMBO, she said sure and even dickered the price down to 40. End of...
1
1

Picnic And Backpack Set
Picnic And Backpack Set with FREE SHIPPING Vickie Lou's Bargain Barn some of the best prices you'll find anywhere and with free shipping. Please check back often as we are still under construction...

Construct Oak Door Jamb
Anyone ever attempt to make an oak door jamb set (interior)? I want to do something a little different for bathroom, but can't find anything but pine. Is this something that's reasonably do-able?
8
8

Hardwood sources in Las Vegas
I am new to the area. Any recommendations on the subject?
1
1

To recommend what good website:
To recommend what good website: Buy a domain and see how a premium domain can be the best investment. Your business starts here. Buy a domain today.

Problem with Bandsaw & ...
I have a Delta 16" bandsaw, model 28-560, motor model 62-070, purchased in Aug '92. Too often, the spinning of the blade does not engage when I turn on the saw. The motor hums, but the blade does not...
7
7

Promised pics: canoe trim/gunnels
promised to post the results. It turned out to be very smart to disassemble since I was able to avoid getting stain on the fiberglass or fasteners. You can't see much from these pics since it's a very...
4
4

Anyone have a Craftsman 21715 15" lathe?
I just bought item number 130117303469on ebay. It is a new 21715, missing the knob that adjusts the speed. Now, is it just a matter of finding a knob to fit, or did I buy an expensive boat anchor?...
2
2

I've got a s**tload of jambs to undercut...
A loose poll... I've got a pile of door jambs to cut during a large flooring installation. I typically hand cut or use a biscuit joiner to undercut my door jambs. Which would YOU choose: A Bosch 1640...
15
15

It got me. -Kickback
Had my 'first' experience with kickback today. I was cutting a small 4" by 4" square board of walnut for some shims and 'wham', right in the lower stomach (off to the side). It felt like I was kicked...
29
29

waxing the tailpiece?
Yeah, funny subject; you write a better one. Anyhow, I have turned many bowls, but decided to try my first spindle today. I found if I really tightened the tail piece there was too much friction; and...
3
3

buying wood (cherry)
Hello all, This uneducated fella needs some advice. I am going to make a jewelry box for my daughter and it is mostly 1/2" thick. Where I live the temperature difference, in my shop, night to day is...
1
1

Bandsaw and resawing
I am about to purchase a 14" delux Rikon band saw for $750 unless some one suggest a better saw or price. Besides general furniture making stuff i would like to Resaw some Oak tree that I cut late...
36
36

Here's a thought...
Found this on Houston Craiglist: === begin quote Wolf Carbide Company specializes in the custom design and fabrication of one-of-a-kind router bits and shaper cutters. e-mail for more information. ===...
9
9

Wacky furniture
Browsing custom made furniture for inspiration and came across these pieces. These have to be some of the most unusual pieces I have seen to date: http://www.delcoverwoodworking.com/for_sale.htm