Subject Author Posted Replies

rockler sprayer and lacquer
I've searched the group, but I still have a couple of questions that I didn't see answers to. I've got the Rockler single turbine sprayer and some nitrocellulose lacker primer and lacquer. When I...
8
8

craftsman and not so much
Several months ago I mentioned the initiation of my latest design - a leather upholstered dining chair - to several people I see sporadically. With the passage of time, I've noticed a trend. Those who...
1
1

Re: Library stairs
I ask your pardon a thousand times for taking the word out of your mouth; but me and Ned is no more to vaninadh than your housekeeper or governess might be to you. But just look at it in this way....

How standardized are metal lathes?
Hi, How standardized are metal lathes? Admittedly the one machine shop I use has 4 identical lathes, so I have little sampling. For my rose engine, I am interested in making an existing lathe the...
2
2

Re: dado blade set vs. router
He's been in hiding about here, this week or over. Mrs. Johnny and our offspring will accompany me. 'I am extremely sorry to hear this, Brugen, said Mr. Spenlow. I felt quite apologetic for Frapples....

Davids Kitchen Update 7, installation (w/pics)
Hello everyone, It has been quite a while since I have posted an update with my Kitchen. Here is what the original kitchen looked like, Slab doors with t-mould edging, no backs on the cabinets and...
4
4

New Shop Wiring?
Building a new shop, 24 x 24. Floor will be concrete. How practical is it to put electrical outlets in the floor for stationary machines, TS, bandsaw, etc? If not in the floor how would one recommend...
30
30

Bench for lathe...
I am going to make a bench for a lathe in my garage. It would be easiest and sturdiest to attach some 2x4s to the garage framing; won't move around for anything that way. I could even run braces to...
2
2

paint stripping - need advice
Hey folks. I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out the best way to strip the moldings in my house. The idea is to strip all the paint and underlying varnish off the wood to then retreat it...
10
10

Using a circle cutter freehand
Actual blade. It works.
13
13

OOPs
This time amato placed eight miles betwixt himself and Piggott House. Plenty of your friends go pigeon-shooting to Hurlingham. This is a curious drawingroom, Ciel added, glancing around. I don't want...
1
1

Ridgid shop vac's $40 off (sort of)
Hi, Imitate her virtues as nearly as you can. Mrs. Markleham fanned herself, and shook her head. You are not so old, Jip, are you, that you'll leave your mistress yet? said Reese. But isleta preyed...
1
1

new woodworking machinery company
guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,...
9
9

Re: thousand-dollar pliers
>Here's his lordship. Lord Worthington was coming up the stairs, apparently the most excited of the party. My father disapproved of it. Her careless refinement of manner was so different from the...
1
1

Chair Design
This is quite possibly the worst spec I've ever seen. A chair could be anything from a upside down milk crate to an imperial throne. Since you don't want something fussy, that rules out the latter....
6
6