Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? CLXXIII
As mentioned on my site, I'm travelling next week so I'll be posting on Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
24

OT: great deal on a 12 V cordless drill and/or impact driver
I think this is a fantastic deal (maybe USA only). The regular prices might be a little inflated all over the world (I've seen that happen), but the sale on the Panasonic 12 V (3.5 amp hour) cordless...
4
4

Leon - Rikon tracking
OK, Leon, I put a new 111" blade on my Rikon yesterday and I did have tracking problems. But I found out it was from insufficient tension and raised the upper wheel position about 0.2 inches. Tracks...
7
7

engineer article
engineer article

REVIEW: The Tape Tip - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Have just posted a review online of the "Tape Tip". A device used to make your tape measure more accurate and easier to use in many measuring tasks. Review online now at

Sears Rout-A-signer manuel
Acquired an old Rout-a-signer when my Dad past a few years ago but there was no manuel to be found. Mom thought he might have got it at a garage sale. Part # 9 2572 label still on it and all parts...

Filling knot holes
I just made myself a bathroom vanity out of knotty alder. Some of the knots have a small crack in them. Other knots are missing even more of the wood. Just wondering if it was ok to leave them as they...
6
6

FA: Inca 10" jointer/planer, Do I have this right?
Hello everyone, I took in on trade against a Minimax 14" J/P an Inca 10" J/P. The machine looks in great shape and I have put it up for auction on Ebay, know very little about Inca machines, and I was...

Carving question#2: wood checking
I've had tree removal services cut a few pieces of local wood from their jobsites for carving. These are usually pieces of large limbs or trunks .. . a foot or so in diameter. The pieces usually begin...
1
1

Carving question #1: sharpening gouges
I've seen quite a few articles referring to the sandpaper (scary sharp (tm)) method of sharpening chisels and plane blades. Has anyone had any experience trying this on carving gouges? Any...

goblet finish
Hi...I am trying to make a nice set of turned wood goblets. I havn't been able to find a suitable finish to seal the wood and to protect the beverage. I have read alot about '4 part finishes' that...
2
2

carved our own blades
Our family just built our own homemade wind generator. We downloaded some inexpensive plans and got started that day... We are now working on a bigger model with wooden blades Read the story at

True "above router table" bit changes
Hi I will need to buy myself a new router soon and would like some advice on which way I should go. Ideally I would like to have ALL operations done from above the table but have not seen anything...
25
25

cherry hardwood door
Hi all. I originally posted this to another group and was advised to post here also. So I'm thinking of buying a big 2" thick slab of kiln dried american cherry. I will cut it up and make a front door...
4
4

Custom router plate to accept bushing guides
I have a Skil 1825 plunge router. I bought a template guide set ( but unfortunately the adapter doesn't fit. (Murphy's law - if it fits "most" routers, yours isn't one of them...) I figured the...
12
12