Subject Author Posted Replies

Jet 16-32
Anyone here have Jet 16-32? Like to know your thoughts on good/bad of this sander.

MALTESE CROSS
Ran across this a bit back. Neat. Now I'll just have to figure out where I want to put one. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
1
1

Nautical Archeology Woodworking Program
MODEL SHOP NAUTICAL ARCHAEOLOGY PROGRAM TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY Interesting. If you've got the time, and desire, to look around a bit. I only looked at part of it, but I'm saving the link and will check...
1
1

Best bit to mortise for panels--Pat Warner??
What is the best bit to mortise stiles-rails that receive panels? I recently used an up-cut solid carbide and noticed 'minor' chip-out at the top of the mortise. Ordinary straight bit? Down-cut...
6
6

HOMEMADE TOOLS AND JIGS ETC.
OK, so it's a list, you'll have to do a bit of reading. TANSTAAFL. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton...

OT - Congress Working On Illegal Immigration Issue
Now if we could just get a bunch of politicians for testing purposes. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton Your customizable and curated collection of the best...
7
7

CAPTAIN HOOK JOBSITE JOINTER
And fingernail trimmer. I've posted this before. Several times. But, I love it, and just ran across it again, so here it is again. Gods above, I love woodworking. JOAT If a man does his best, what...

IMPROV-A-ROUTER
What can I say? Outstanding.. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton http://members.aol.com/rphill9082/improv.htm
1
1

"Zero Clearance" GRR-Ripper
I saw the GRR-Ripper and thought it was a good idea, and then I saw the price and thought I'd make my own. Instead of an adjustable "leg", I figured I'd just take a block of wood that was thicker than...
18
18

Sundry websites:
Tom . . . here are a few websites that may be useful: Spybot Search and Destroy: Go to this website and download a copy of Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4. Then run it. As Martha Steward says, "it's a...

Heat for small shop
Hello I'm building a new but small shop, it will be 8' X 10' how ever living in the north east it will get cold up here, it will be insulated, tyvec wrapped and sided, have ac for the summer, but need...
27
27

Starter HVLP at a great price
Saw this today in the HF email sales ad: seem to be about four or five of these single stage units out there, and given their limitations, they seem to work pretty well. I have a friend of mine that...
21
21

A special bird can open the door
A special bird can open the door A special bird can open the door (a funny video) http://www.hotalways.com/groups/viewthread.php?tid=6

Magazine storage covers?
Does anyone know a source for magazine storage boxes? I have about 6 feet of back issues (Fine Woodworking and Woodwork magazines). At one time I seem to remember seeing boxes for back issues for...
16
16

TS Motor stopping periodically.
Hi, maybe someone could suggest what is going on with my TS lately. I have an older Beaver contractors table saw. which has a 3/4 110 v motor and a magnetic switch. When I use the saw with a standard...
7
7