Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Medical ID card
Given all the Darwinian shop accidents posted lately, I thought the following website may come in handy: allows you to create and print a free medical ID card for your wallet, fridge, next-of-kin,...
4
4

cutting channel along base of wall--tool suggestion?
I have to cut a 12" long channel about 1/4" wide along the base of my wall. The base board has been pulled and I am cutting through laminate flooring. I can do it with a small hand saw but I was...
5
5

Brownish ooze out of old cabinet corner
Hello Folks, Right off the bat: I am not at all a woodworking guru. But I've restored lots of things and my wife and I love to keep old wooden furniture in good shape. On an old piece of furniture we...
13
13

Best table saw blade
It's getting time to get another blade. It used to be that Forrest had only one or two ten inch blades but now there seem to be a variety. So, any consensus on the best all around blade for a ten inch...
16
16

Lumberyard - Modern Marvels
According to my schedule, it's on Wednesday, 9 PM, and Thursday, 1 AM. Interesting show if you can catch it. I'll probably watch it again. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General...

Oneida arrived Monday
Really high-quality stuff, everything fit well, holes lined up, looks really good. It has high-quality switches and other components, including the Baldor Motor (Pro2000 model/ 5HP) Downside is that...
3
3

Chalk point??
Ok so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. What is chalk point when referred to glues?? Thanks
10
10

ping: Thomas Gauldin
I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not the width. The mailto: link on your site is kaput....
8
8

Credo Quia Absurdum Est (credibile est, quia ineptum est)
Tertullian had the right of it, regardless of your particular take on the quote It is particularly informative in the regard of joinery - and more particularly so in the regard of the relations...
2
2

Jet 16-32 sander
Anyone with Jet 16-32 sander, what is your evaluation of it? Pros and cons. Also is this a rebadged performax?
12
12

Half a brain wanted ???????
Are you coachable, because if you are I have a proven formula that I have personally tested and it really works? This formula produces income..., pure and simple. If you are like me and have tried...
1
1

The best table saw, put your 2 cents in
I am looking for a new cabinet saw and wanted everyones oppinion on which brands they have had luck with. Magazines always test this stuff, but I'm looking for real life experiences.
12
12

burned teeth on new blade
Hi, I recently bought a Freud LM74R Industrial rip blade and right out of the package several of the teeth had burned marks from grinding. The marks are on the edges and extend forward to the face. I...
13
13

electrical question - breakers and central A/C
I don't want to be woken in the middle of the night by fire trucks blaring down the street, so... Neighbor sez the breaker for his central AC unit regularly trips when it's running. I think only when...
10
10

Fine Woodworking's Glue Test
The latest issue of Fine Woodworking (August) has the most comprehensive glue showdown I've seen. They tested all major woodworking glues across multiple wood types and across multiple joint...
15
15