Subject Author Posted Replies

Great tool sale going on
Got an ad from CPO outlets a day or two ago, and they have a great deal of their stock at 15% off with free shipping on a lot of it. Certain restrict ions apply, see dealer for details, your mileage...
28
28

some cnc offerings for working wood
it is hard for anyone used to doing things in the conventional way to see all the possibilities with cnc and the prices are staggering but add up the prices of your tools that this could replace and...
15
15

I bought a teak armoire to paint and found it had tung oil How do I prepare it do the paint adheres?
It has very ornate carving I
4
4

table saw obsolescence
firmware and lawsuits the perception of the danger of tables saws the statistics of tables saw injuries more and more safety features while insurance and liability costs can only go up seems to lead...
51
51

Doorway Construction Questions
As to 1) header and 2) jack studs. I want to widen a 4' wide doorway, to 55" wide.... on a 6" support wall (in the interior, back end of my garage). I constructed the original doorway framing with 4X6...
10
10

saw blade cabinet
thinking about making a small cabinet to hold saw blades see lay flat style and stand on edge style could store more on edge but maybe lay flat is better for some reason
1
1

Tapping wood threads..
.. just got a *lot* more expensive. The taps: The announcement: The Testing: I hope they sell a million sets. Tools Archives - The Wood Whisperer Guild The pre-order period has ended. *UPDATE* - We...
19
19

Wood filler recommendation for exterior use
Need to fill a split in an exterior board - what brand(s) of wood filler perform well in this application after priming and painting? Thanks. Doug
24
24

Wood with light green tint
I have a chest that i am restoring and after getting layers of paint off i found that the wood has a light green tiny to it and is good looking peace, i was wondering what type of wood it is and what...
5
5

Progress Report Office Library
The file cabinet carcasses are out of the clamps. I mentioned earlier that I was trying something different on these cabinets. When I put more than one drawer, on top of each other, in a cabinet I...
11
11

PORTER-CABLE PC60THP 6-Amp Hand Planer
Anyone have any thoughts about this plane? I have a couple of projects where it would be useful. Thanks, Larry Heavy-duty 6 amp motor | Dual side dust extraction allows for extraction on either side...
6
6

Hickory Tree
Got the hickory tree cut up: Three 9' logs, two 6' logs and two forked se ctions. Have to wait to dig out the rootball, to see what it looks like. The tree seems to have been lightning struck and...

do you want firmware in your hardware
was reading about some newer hardware and looked at the manufacturer website and there was a reminder to customers to update the firmware do not want any firmware in my hardware when it comes to...
15
15

Looking for a source...
I'm planning to put up some crown moulding on the screened in deck, but instead of having it attached to the wall and the ceiling, I olan to drop it a few inches and drop a string of led lights to...
3
3

good price on a gcm12sd-rt bosch cms
569 seems like a decent deal and you know it has been checked out since it is reconditioned so really better than new https://shop.boschtools.com/us/en/productdetails/GCM12SD-RT