Subject Author Posted Replies

Buy cherry online or retail????
Greetings All, We are in the final quarter of a major house remodel which includes a new kitchen with cherry cabinets. My wife likes the look and now we want to consider cherry to trim out the doors,...
12
12

Lowes Vs. Home Depot
Over the years I've used Home Expo and Home Depot to do new flooring, stone counters, back splashes etc etc. Last year they opened a Lowes. Clean very helpful! I went to the local Home Depot one day...
13
13

Change color of a poly finish?
Hi, We have a nice kitchen with old cabinets. The cabinets are made of soid wood with beautiful carvings. The one thing we don't like is the finish. It has an old muted dirty brownish 1950's feel. I...
3
3

Bamboo Stair Nose
I'm selling some bamboo stair nose on ebay if anyone needs it. Fair Pacific horizontal carbonized, matte finish. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200120507403...

Journey To Yosemite
to Yosemite news article, nice read http://sonoracalifornia.blogspot.com/2007/05/journey-to-yosemite-may-be-as.htmlJourney

Keep the thick kerf blade?
I ordered a thin kerf (3/32) WWII blade from Amazon for my fairly old (but excellent condition) contractor's saw. However, I received the thick kerf blade (1/8"). Should I bother to return it? 1/8 vs...
19
19

Sander question...
I've got some wooden end tables and a coffee table that I need to sand and refinish. Would a finishing sander be better than an orbital sander? At Harbor Freight they are about the same price and...
5
5

Unique Aussie Furniture
Saw this when trying to track down something else. Beautiful stuff. I love the office furniture. JahRoc Galleries Designer Furniture and Fine Art - JahRoc Galleries
3
3

completing my cherry bed - what to do?
Hello all, I have completed all cutting and shaping steps on my bed and am ready to sand, finish, and assemble the bed- not necessarilly in that order. The head and foot boards each comprise 17 slats,...
4
4

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 158 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Old Man's Hands
Tonight was the first time that I noticed it. I have wrinkles on my hands. It never occurred to me that the wrinkles on my face , which did not bother me, might have a replication on my hands. My...
40
40

need advice re. small backyard shed
I've finally gotten around to tidying up the side of our house so that I can build a shed. I'm thinking of using it to store some of our larger ugly stuff (eg, wheelbarrow, lawnmower, rakes, etc)....
6
6

ee's please reply - (or those who think think they may know)
I had a conversation with a friend of mine today who has a masters in electrical engineering. This degree was conferred by the same school that I went to (Villanova) about a hundred years ago, so I...
81
81

Fibonacci scale tool - anyone have plans online?
I saw this thing demonstrated on the Wood mag website free videos, I had forgotten how neat it was. As I like to design my own stuff or alter plans, I could use that tool, but I'm not sure I can find...
6
6

optical illusion photos
huge collection of optical illusions interesting photos http://www.optical-illusion.org/?rpx105