Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for Plywood Workbench plans
I remember seeing plans for the base of a Workbench made from Plywood and it was a very solid one. In one of the magazines or collections of plans. Does anyone remember seeing one & where it was? Help...
14
14

Correct setting for a Danfoss magnetic switch.
Hi, I have a TS with a Danfoss magnetic switch which I have just upgraded with a used 1.5 HP motor. Yesterday I was testing it by ripping some boards down. After a minute or two the motor would shut...
1
1

sharpening
When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat o concave? Does it make a difference -- tim_0106
2
2

Storage shed - Thanks to all!
All, Over the last several months, I have posted numerous (at least it seems to me) questions here about the planning and construction of a backyard storage shed. I just wanted to take this...
1
1

way OT - metal drums
Hmmm. Thanks for the tip. "B A R R Y"
6
6

Handtruck for narrow isles
While picking up some windows at Menards, the warehouse guy used a handtruck with wheels parallel to the back. This allowed him to move a wide item, the narrow way through the isle. Does anyone know...
2
2

For Those Who Missed Walt Akers Great Stories
For those of you who arrived here in the last year or so - you missed Walt Akers. Here's a hint of what you missed. Walt Aker's The Great Clock Incident story here's another that will cause a chuckle...
2
2

drywalling shop
I need to get some kind of interior finish on my shop walls now that they're insulated, and I can't come up with a better idea than drywall. I'm going to do this myself, probably with a helper who...
47
47

Using Router Guides to Make Template and Insert Opening
I have a set of Porter Cable Router Guide Bushings. ( want to make a router table. I have a nice insert already drilled for the PC Router base. I want to fit this insert into the table blank I also...
12
12

Scratchstock/bead scraper technique advice needed
Just made a scratchstock for beading some bed rails. I am having trouble getting clean cuts. The cutter wants to wander just a bit and I get a lot of tearout at the edges of my bead, and the cut is...
3
3

Panel Handler by Shopcart
I saw one of these on display at Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, TX. Wanted one ever since. Hopefully this summer I can afford it. I'm not old, but at 58, I have a hard time with some sheet stock...
13
13

You Have To See This Piece by Keith Newton
Whether you're just starting out in woodworking or have been making furniture for 20 or 30 years and think you've seen it all and done it all - you have to see this desk by Keith Newton. If you've...
3
3

Hello, I'm a newbie
Hello, My name is Leon and this is the first time I've visited this group. First of all, is there a FAQ for rec.woodworking? Secondly, I've recently gotten back into building things (bought a house...
19
19

WWW: Composites Merit Badge
I am studying to laminate 1 mm thick aluminum and a Masonite or acrylic base panel for high-power circuit boards for the MOEPED, then etch the laminate with lye to form traces. Wilson Metalaminate...
7
7

Not woodworking, but antiquishess
at the results in the last few pictures. Steampunk Flat-Panel LCD Mod
4
4