Subject Author Posted Replies

INSPIRATION - Toilet Paper Roll Hide Away
I'm not fantastically inspired by it myself. One, I don't want to open a door to get to a magazine. Two, I definitely don't want to open a door to get a new roll, then discover thare ain't no new...
6
6

What is it? CLXXVII
Set 177 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

TV Stand design Dilemma
I had planned on building an entertainment unit along one wall to house a TV, amp, sat. receiver, etc. I had a design finished and was going to make it with cherry to match the tables I had made for...
5
5

Major kitchen cabinet install gap problem? (w/pics)
I think the cabs are out of square.. ;~) Seriously, think about a "crown type" molding that attaches to the fir down above the cabinets and extends down deep enough to cover the gaps. Then use a...
7
7

Power tool moment in Transformers Movie
Almost fell out of my seat laughing when one of the women in the Transformers movie chopped up one of the bad guys with a Sawzall (well, it was actually a cordless deWalt, but that didn't detract from...
8
8

RE: Happy 4th you crazy peeps
No political, religious, moral, statements. Just a Happy 4th. Enjoy it

Another way to use the Domino
http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/editorsblog/PermaLink%2Cguid%2C05298eac-153e-49b8-91b4-ad1c7ce84a15.aspx
7
7

Frame and Panel Doors
I 'm in the process of making two frame and panel doors out of cherry. To get matching panels, I resawed them from one piece of wood. The resulting panels look gorgeous. However, there is one problem....
5
5

Board Layout Oversight :(
Finishing the back side of a drawer front and the grain 'popped' and looks incredible! Than I looked at the front-side and the same grain wasn't there! Damm it!! Not sure how I missed that one. Ever...
4
4

Walnut - Black walnut?
I've bought walnut, but never ran into black walnut. I can get a deal on some but wanted to know if it is much darker, harder to work with, etc. Also what would be the best way to finish walnut...
16
16

refinishing
Bought a nice golden oak veneer round dining table used. It has a few minor surface flaws, no gouges just small areas where finish has come off. There is one spot that has a raised area like a bubble,...
1
1

Ipe top for outdoor table
My wife bought a lobster trap at a garage sale and wants me to make an Ipe top for it. (She also wants me to rebuild our deck, but wants to see what ipe is like before she lets me use it; a table top...
25
25

DeWalt 36V drill/driver
(crossposted) Anybody have one of those monsters? I just ordered a bare tool only (DC900/DC900KL) without batteries or a charger for $85 (US). I have three spare 12V 3.5AH batteries to power it (for a...
9
9

deadwood clearance sale.
It is time to change over to my new style of planes. No a huge difference but the way they are made and a closed d handle tote. The price on my planes will be going up as soon as I work out the...
2
2

Cedar Arbor trouble with splitting posts
I'm building a cedar arbor using 6x6 posts. I ordered "appearance grade" lumber and when it came in fresh and "wet" it looked great. I let it dry in the garage for about four weeks but some of the...
1
1