Subject Author Posted Replies

craftsman table saw recall
Hey Folks, I saw this a few minutes ago, didn't see that it was posted here prior. linkage; pastage from a similar article; A Craftsman table saw model, sold exclusively by Sears, has been recalled...
1
1

Festool price increase
I have a machine that I can't seem to wear out. I don't use it daily but weekly 6 months out of the year and 3 times already this year. I bought it in April-May 1987 and paid $450.00 for it. I hoped...
14
14

self cleaning finishes
The traditional solution is chalking. Some paints are intended to let loose of the top layer of pigment in normal weathering, which exposes a clean surface underneath, so to speak. Application...
6
6

DIY Smart Saw
Has anybody out there used the DIY Smart Saw? It looks intriguing, but I'm concerned about potential gotchas. It appears, for instance, that the act ual program resides on their computer, and you're...
4
4

OT - Resistance is futile..
This is almost scary. Remember when they could barely walk? The hockey stick guy is screwed when atlas gets a firmware update! Handle is a research robot that stands 6.5 ft tall, travels at 9 mph and...
7
7

Grainger AGAIN!
went to order some parts that I am having problems finding. Grainger has them. The price on the website is not the price in the cart. The price in the cart is $$$ more. BAIT and SWITCH!!! on price....
2
2

cork seats
interesting idea for something a little more comfortable than hardwood if we extrapolate the famous line of wc fields of a sucker born every minute to the birth rate now we might be able to figure out...
1
1

Shellac Question
Hi Group, I have a gallon can of Bullseye Shellac that's been setting a while. It has gelled but not solidified. Can I rejuvenate it by adding alcohol? Thanks, Jim
5
5

A Sawmill Story
"This video is one part instruction, one part entertainment and two parts family history! For me it ignites bittersweet memories of youthful confidence and vigor, great adventure, loved family members...
6
6

multi ply
just found a russian birch out of finland and or russia might be what i have i see there is even one has maple face veneer
8
8

Office File Cabinet Progress
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I hope it is not the train. I have a couple more coats of varnish to apply to the face frames and attach the tops and backs and they are done. Well a...
12
12

How do you choose your wood?
Ok, obviously we need something to talk about here. When you're selecting your wood at the store, what do you look for? What about wood from a tree? How about looking through your wood pile at home?...
12
12

Wile E. Coyote Bog Chair
What to do with excess/scrap lumber? Sometimes, I do stuff just to do them. Scab off a cedar log, with odd figure and shape. When I get tired of Wile E., I can flip the backrest around and display the...
11
11

Almost As Nice As Tommy Mac's Shop...
Start this video at about 20:00 and wait for the red light to stop flashing. This guy's shop and equipment rivals Tommy Mac's:
6
6

This is an interesting lathe project
Sorry if this is repeat but looks like an interesting project to attempt (This link does not contain a table saw or CNC router) Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends,...
3
3