Subject Author Posted Replies

Drill press speeds - plywood
Ok, setting up my drill press, I've got a nifty speed chart for different woods (Hard,soft) and other material (metal, plastic) and different drill bits, but nothing mentioned for plywood. DAGS and...
8
8

Accuride slide advice
I've got several sets of these 20" length that I picked up at an auction. Is there any harm in putting a 22" drawer on them ? The application is a kitchen base cab for pots/pans. Since they are...
2
2

Tossing out scraps
At what point would you toss out scrap lumber? I'm looking at my work area and I have a ton of 1x1x4 and 1/2x1x8 cedar strips and little odds and ends 2x4's and a half dozen other bits and pieces. At...
22
22

New TS regulations will require Riving Knives on future saws in the US
If you are going to buy a new TS in the near future and think that there are too many safety devices on the TS's now, you better buy one now before the UL regulations require the new TS's to be...
56
56

How It Feels Tonight
It seems like yesterday But it was long ago Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights There in the darkness with the radio playlng low And the secrets that we shared The mountains that we moved...
4
4

What is this kind of bolt called?
carriage bolt maybe? Jim
9
9

Where do I post stuf to sell?
I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to post it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking swap/sell groups around? Thanks, Tom in Howell, NJ
20
20

stair stringer - splicing'
Hi all. I have a stair stringer that is about 3.3m long x 10" wide. If I was to buy say 3 pices of 2m x 1" lengths of a hardwood eg oak or beech. Can they be spliced together to form a 2" thick x 3.3m...
9
9

Dim. of Window Screen Spline dado
{Cross posted to and rec.woodworking} Does anyone know, or have link to, the dimensions of the dado cut for use with fiberglass window screen and the spline that holds the screen material in place?...
2
2

OT - First Class Sneeze (caveat lector)
A friend just dropped this in my mailbox: A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the first class section of an airplane. The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, gently wiped her nose, then...
1
1

bamboo wood
I am trying to locate 3/4" bamboo wood stock to make kitchen cabinets out of...the only thing i can find is bamboo for flooring...can anyone help? Thank you Doug
2
2

Newbie router question - pattern bit too short?
I am building a router table and have purchased the cast aluminum insert plate from woodpecker. They were even so nice as to sell me a template to cut the exact right hole in my table top for the...
4
4

Wood selection help
My house has a loft staircase in the living room. The previous owner, who installed the stairs, only put a railing on one side, leaving the other side open for anyone who wants to jump off and land on...
9
9

Finish not drying :(
Stupid Minwax Wipe On Poly. Been like four days and still sticky in spots. Can I/should I: heat the oven to about 150 F, turn it off, and put the drawer fronts in for a coupla hours? - OR - put them...
16
16

STANP2323 CRAPPY EBAY SELLER
Forced to Dispute with CC Co./ lacks concern for complaint/ No Cust. Svc/Dismal
2
2