Subject Author Posted Replies

Hinge Mortising Systems - multiple hinges, adjustable mortises
I see that Bosch has some sort of system for mortising butt hinges for doors. I'm interested in one that can handle 4 or more hinges at once, and the individual mortising jigs would preferably be...
5
5

let me rock your world
I've been building my own rocking chairs for several years now and have a woodworking/ulphostery business selling these chairs. I started out by repairing a century old rocking chair for a friend and...
5
5

Glue Test In Fine WoodWorking
I stopped subscribing to it a long time ago; now the only woodworking magazine I receive is WoodenBoat. But, when I see a copy of FWW on the rack I usually thumb thru it, and rarely buy one. The Aug...
13
13

Adirondack Chairs
I just made some Adirondack chairs from the scraps of a refurbished cedar deck. The wood looks great after I ran it across the jointer. My question: should I let it go gray again with the weather, or...
10
10

How to cut a curved roof
| A string comes to mind, with a pencil tied to the end. That would | work on a sheet of plywood, but not on an 8" wide board. | | What's the trick to doing this? Exactly what you described. Lay it...
8
8

Slightly OT deck staining query
Greetings All, I just put the second coat of Cabot's stain on our deck, and the look is exactly what we wanted. Is there anything else in the way of a sealer/topcoat that will extend the life of the...
3
3

Hardwood flooring at top of stairs
Has anyone installed hardwood flooring and had to deal with the top of a flight of stairs? I've laid hardwood in the past with great success but I haven't had to deal with stairs before. My question...
2
2

New safety device idea
How about a device that cuts off power to the router when it hears a loud bang? The same device could also be rigged to order a new pair of underwear. Thought it was the bit breaking at first, but uh,...
6
6

Which bandsaw...
Hi, I am looking to buy a smallish bandsaw with around 6-8" depth of cut. I have seen the Axminster AWESBS here: the Jet JWBS-12 here: am looking for something that will last and is high quality - I...
1
1

Grizzly 6" Jointer G1182HW
Anyone have any experience with this machine? Good or bad? I am considering buying one used with a mobile base for $350, looks in good shape from the pictures. Is this a good price? Any advise of what...
1
1

OT: Too funny not to share...
It certainly doesn't stop the Village Idiots from shooting people beyond their event horizon, as you put it -- we have plenty of idiots who don't bother to wear safety orange, or wait for daylight...
38
38

pin nails holding power (ref: to Norm as well)
You know how Norm is always shooting a "couple" nails in until the glue sets up...? I am wondering how well those little teeny pin nails (ala Grex) work as pseudo clamps until the glue sets up when...
8
8

How to toe-screw properly
I'm making a simple little low table/bench for my deck, and I'm trying to toe screw the 2x4 side rails to very heavy 4x4 legs (just leftover cedar from my deck....I wanted a "heavy" look). I'm toe...
10
10

Saving existing linoleum?
We're pulling out old cabinets in the kitchen and installing new one. Mostly they will have the same footprint, but there is one area where the subfloor will be exposed. There's another area where the...
6
6

RE: O/T: And It's Only Noon in L/A
Not at all related to wood working, but it's life I guess. The news reports are coming in. Yesterday, two(2) off duty police officers were killed in separate traffic accidents. Yesterday, the police...
1
1