Subject Author Posted Replies

Wally's Workshop
Anyone else remember Wally's Workshop? It aired '72-'73 quite a bit before TOH or NYW were on the air. As I recall it was sponsored by Rutland Lumber and aired on a station in the Albany, NY area. I...
6
6

free games
VERY_BEATIFULL, ON YOU, COME, HugeDomains.com - oyun27.com is for sale (oyun 27)

Router w/ negative template
Hi, Say I want to cut a hole in a table to fit an irregular but mostly cylindrical piece. The pattern (the cylinder) is a negative pattern; it's the shape of the material to be removed. The only...
13
13

lost my yellow plastic safety key!
Hi, folks, I inherited a nice, big Delta belt/disc sander (like this one: ), but it seems to require one of those little plastic safety keys to make it run--mine is missing. I know I could probably...
15
15

precat lacquer - opinion on magnashield from Hood
from on Magnashield " a self-sealing, VOC compliant, non-yellowing, super-tough and durable pre-catalyzed lacquer. It combines durability, chemical resistance and fast build similar to a conversion...
1
1

Minwax High-Build Polyurethane opinions wanted
I was wondering if there were any opinions about this stuff: clear, oil-based, durable protective finish that is specially formulated to provide long-lasting beauty and protection with just two coats....
3
3

Hang Cabinet with Cardboard backing ??
What would be the best way to hang a cabinet like this (see link). The backing is cardboard so I only have 1/2" wood on the outer edges. Would like to hang it without any visible brackets. have seen...
9
9

Norm fans--this'll keep you busy...
A comprehensive article on The New Yankee Workshop at ?videos,audio MP3 interviews, articles. As described at Phillip Wise's where I found this: "...hours of delight." Rod
9
9

Charity & Woodworking
I curious about the woodworker groups that make toys for kids. I've done a Google search but only came up with a few, and none near me (New Mexico) do any of you participate in such an organization...
3
3

cheaper oil than linseed outdoor furniture
whats the cheapest way to preserve the topmost horizontal surfaces of some old garden tables? Things offered like linseed oil are just oil, so wouldnt a thin wipe of a much cheaper oil like sunflower...
13
13

Beginner - making accurate 90 degree cuts by hand
For a nice straight edge on a hand cut board cut the board by hand about 1/8" long. Use a framing square to clamp a straight edge perpendicular to the long edge of the lumber. Use your router with a...
23
23

RE: Rains
Looks like the folks in South Texas are getting hammered pretty good by rain storm "Erin". If you can, stay dry you rascals. Lew
4
4

shop lighting?
I have read through many posts on shop lighting but have not seemed to find an answer to a question I have. I am in the process of building a 30x30 shop with 10' ceilings. I would like to know what...
34
34

wood movement
correctly, is it possible that you may be missing a key point? IOW, it is doubtful that the drawer "dust dividers" are actually glued throughout the entire length of the rabbet/dado. It is fairly...
4
4

Mini-Cyclone vs Trash Can lid separator
Similar story; my trash can separator caught 95% of the stuff, but passed all the fines; so my filter clogged just as fast as before. I bought an Oneida two weeks ago. I have put a lot of dust down...
19
19