Subject Author Posted Replies

Reclaimed
The Hobbs brothers have been picking their way across the American South, deconstructing century old barns and farmhouses, looking for a rare treasure - old-growth pine lumber. These precious...
41
41

Makin'Bacon Texas Style
?autoplay=1 Hog hunting video amazing aerial advantage. Hog hunting video amazing aerial advantage.
12
12

Building a cajon, structural strength issue
For the uninitiated, a cajon is a percussion instrument, essentially a wood en box with one thin side and a hole in the opposite side. I'm a keyboard p layer, but have recently developed a hankering...
28
28

Cart for Planer
I don't have room to permanently mount my portable planer so I made a cart to mount it on. I roll it outside when I need it, blow it off and bring it back in. I got the wheels from Harbor Fright, an...
22
22

Miscellaneous ~~~ Selling a house with a shop
Prepping my garage shop-room, for the telescope, I had a corner shop cabine t to remove (making space). I built the cabinet (salvaged ply) 26 yrs ago, after building the garage. I had thought to offer...
1
1

THANK YOU (Help sawing straight)
THANK YOU, THANK YOU Group. Purchased new 6-1/2" blade (Irwin). Solved all my problems. Cut jig and subsequently made 9 full length cuts in 1-1/8" plywood for my stair treads (10-1/8" wide) What a...
10
10

kreg precision router table floor model
price seems a little high but it looks lightly used https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/6061999662.html

Ping Nailshooter
Thought you might like to see this. A fiber cement cutter. Pretty clean and no dust at all. (1)&he=bec4d8d422980f163c46356739c05c6eecb92632
7
7

Help, sawing straight
Using a Makita battery operated circular saw. Very happy with it for the last 5 years. Trying to make a long (8 foot) sawing guide. Using a 1"x 1/4" slat as the fence, secured to 7/16 inch thick...
22
22

grizzly thirtieth anniv bandsaw
like the graphics and maybe not a bad deal https://corvallis.craigslist.org/tls/6050689786.html

Morris Chairs
Was surfing about this and that and came on this site: Lots of information about Morris chairs, also some good links to suppliers of materials. And he has some hardware of his own that he has made...
12
12

Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?
My neighbor is selling his house. He has a wood shop in his basement, maybe 15 x 25. Table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, a couple of workbenches, etc. The shop is at ground level, with a door to the...
165
165

The Ultimate Marking Gauge
The eccentric placement of the rod through the brass face and aluminum body ensures a large reference surface for square registration. The short side can also be used when space is restricted. As an...
21
21

Porter Cable roofing nailer review
First, these days I am not much on Porter Cable tools. At this point their quality is questionable not only in design but in build as well. I wanted to set that issue aside lest the post be diverted...
2
2

Finished the table
A couple months ago I bought two sugar maple natural edge flitches with a f ew defects. Filled with West System epoxy. I decided to use a piece of wa lnut to marry the two. Finished with two coats of...
16
16