10" CMS Question

I want to replace my low-end Delta CMS. As I have a radial arm saw that I use for crosscuts I plan to stay with a 10" cms. It will be used for cutoff on small stock and especially for mitering furniture parts (moldings etc.). Are there any good high quality saws I should be looking at?
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply
Build yourself a jig as described in the last issue of Wood Magazine. It has been rated better than any other unit for miters.
-- Woody
Check out my Web Page at:
http://community-1.webtv.net/WoodworkerJoe/WoodworkerJoesInfo
Where you will find:
******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03
* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03 * * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03 * * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03 * * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03 * * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03 * * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Personally I like the Milwaukee.. second choice would be Hitachi.
--
Rich
www.construction-resource.com
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:45:17 -0500, Bill Rittner wrote:

I like my Makita but I was almost tempted by the Hitachi. What swung it for me is there's a local Makita dealer, so in the unlikely case it should go wrong, it's easy for me to get it fixed. If the De Walt stuff was similarly priced here (UK) I probably would have looked at their offerings too.
Another idea is to check out what sort of blade the saw comes with. If you're doing fine work then you want a blade with plenty of teeth - and TCT teeth preferably.
--

Frank

http://www.freebsd.org /