10" CMS Question

I want to replace my low-end Delta CMS. As I have a radial arm saw that I use for crosscuts I plan to stay with a 10" cms. It will be used for cutoff on small stock and especially for mitering furniture parts (moldings etc.). Are there any good high quality saws I should be looking at?

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Remove "no" to reply

Reply to
Bill Rittner

Build yourself a jig as described in the last issue of Wood Magazine. It has been rated better than any other unit for miters.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker

Personally I like the Milwaukee.. second choice would be Hitachi.

Reply to
ConRes

I like my Makita but I was almost tempted by the Hitachi. What swung it for me is there's a local Makita dealer, so in the unlikely case it should go wrong, it's easy for me to get it fixed. If the De Walt stuff was similarly priced here (UK) I probably would have looked at their offerings too.

Another idea is to check out what sort of blade the saw comes with. If you're doing fine work then you want a blade with plenty of teeth - and TCT teeth preferably.

Reply to
Frank Shute