1/8" Chisel

I need an 1/8" chisel to clean up some cuts from a CNC machine, 1/8" in diameter. I've got mainly Stanley chisels and am reasonably happy with them, but my smallest is 1/4".
Do you guys have any suggestions? Is the typical length of the 1/8" chisel going to be a problem trying to cut end grain? 1/8" would seem to be awful flexible...
I was hoping to spend about $10, but a quick search on Amazon shows only one chisel for that price, a new Irwin Marples that is leaving many disappointed.
Alternatively, I have some W1 drill rod and a mill... I guess I could make one but I've already got enough on my plate...
Puckdropper
On 5/12/2016 9:49 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

appropriate sized screew driver?
On 12 May 2016 13:49:45 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Expensive, but they are out there.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pg689&cat=1,41504

Specially when buying one-at-a-time from Lee Valley. Try Amazon:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)63063078&sr=8-3&keywords=Stanley+Sweetheart+Chisels> ....or....
http://tinyurl.com/haaoahb
That chisel will cost you $46, w/ shipping, from LV. Whatever Amazon charges fer shipping, the total still hasta be less than $46. ;)
nb

$ 32. US plus $ 9. shipping from LV. < the web link above is Canadian $ 38.50 > ... still a lot more than the $ 20. + shipping on Amazon. John T.
Puckdropper wrote:

If you are cutting hard wood, maybe it will let you down. Otherwise, maybe it's worth $10 to find out, especially if the wood you are cutting isn't too hard. You know going in that you may have to sharpen it a bit more often. After all that, I hope you'll share your experience! : )
Bill

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:

I have, and use, one of these:
http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/2mm-1_8-Bevel-Edge-Chisel-by-Two-Cherries/productinfo/500-1502/

This is closer to yer target expenditure and Narex has a very good rep. Considered by many to be a "best buy":
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)63064904&sr=8-2&keywords=chisel+1%2F8> ....0r....
ttp://tinyurl.com/hwmvn33
Still gotta pay shipping, but shouldn't cost more than a few $$. Definitely cheaper than the other recommended chisel. ;)
nb

It's a 3mm chisel, but I think in this case it will work ok. My cuts are actually 1 thou oversize, to give me a tight "push together" fit. I might have to bump it up another thou or two for glue space.
As far as shipping goes, I've got Prime so don't have to worry about that. Speaking of Prime, if you like How It's Made, look up "How Did They Make That?". It's well worth watching!
Puckdropper
"Puckdropper" wrote in message

When I couldn't find one I bought a relatively flat sweep narrow carving gouge and reshaped it... a #2 2MM as I recall. This option might provide alternatives...
Need a grinder with water/oil to keep the work cool.
Grind your profile and flatten the other end a little, So when you put it in a vice and compress on a handle, the round hole accepts the round/flat rod and holds tight.
Before that naturally is tempering... I'd get a 1/4" and cool grind down the sides myself. Don't kneed to know heat treating.
Martin