1/5 SCALE SHERMAN TANK

http://www.gizmology.net/tanks.htm
I noticed this has been updated.
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:03:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) calmly ranted:

Excellent! I can see how he got the "Best Dad" awards.
------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com -------------------------------------------------
Very nice project. I am sure you son will enjoy it as much as you did putting it together.
Are you really going to put a potato or pneumatic cannon in it? Those things can pack one hell of a whallop - even fatal! A friend of mine built one from PVC that was fueled by hair spray and sparked with a butane match. I watched him shoot a potato at an empty 55 gallon drum one day. It moved the drum about two feet and caved the side in pretty well. He could launch tubers 500 - 600 feet.
That would take care of the refreshment table at the next pool party.

I did note from you site you are planning on shooting foam plugs from the gun. Just remember kids are accomplished at finding other ways to use an item.
Ever build a carbide or acetylene cannon. We did at age 10 or 11 - Awesome!

Every parking lot an armory! Every vehicle a potato cannon! At age 8, we were stuffing potatos in exhaust pipes. The results were somewhat random.

With an old Ford coil to fire it?
We finally made one that used black powder and fired beer cans. Took a whole weeks allowance (50 cents) to buy the powder for two shots :-).

Fri, Nov 12, 2004, 4:16pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm (LarryBlanchard) claims: We finally made one that used black powder and fired beer cans. Took a whole weeks allowance (50 cents) to buy the powder for two shots :-)
But, then it was not a carbide cannon.
And, if you only got two shots, you must have really been using an excessive amount of powder, especially just firing beer cans.
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus

we used to make firecracker guns... I quit when I knocked a few boards out of the back fence with one and got grounded for about 10 years.. roflmao
Fri, Nov 12, 2004, 12:15pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (RonB) muttered: Very nice project. I am sure you son will enjoy it as much as you did putting it together. <snip>
Who you talking to? I'm just curious, because that's not my project, I just posted the link. If I put something like that together, it'd be for me, not my kids.
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
J T wrote:

And it would have to be a little bit bigger huh Joatski?
Philski
Fri, Nov 12, 2004, 7:52pm (EST-2) snipped-for-privacy@uhuhuhcableone.net (philski) says: And it would have to be a little bit bigger huh Joatski?
Prolably no more so then for the rest of you. On the other hand, 1/4 scale...
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
J T wrote:

"The Sherman was a cool little tank." I don't think so, they wern't called tommy cookers for nothing!

They're neat tanks, from a historical perspective. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go out and fight in a tippy lightweight box with a rechromed aircraft engine on its last legs, though.
GTO(John)